Temporary Resident Permit Requirement to be physically in Portugal

I reviewed the posts here and it was great help, but I still have a question about how to count Months out of the country.

We can be outside Portugal 4 months a year, Do we need to track this by counting days?   For example If we leave to go to Spain for three weeks, does it count at all because it is less than a month? Or do we need to track the days we are gone? If we are tracking the days, then how many days count as a month? 30 or 31?

Any help here is appreciated,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Immigration consultant here. You can NOT be OUT of the country for more than 6 months in a row or 8 months with breaks, during the length of your resident permit, which is now 2 years.

6 months are considered 180 days.

Hi Craig,

D7 visa (& others) - Renewals and minimum stay requirements

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 42#5345092

(Post #21)

Hi Craig,
Immigration consultant here. You can NOT be OUT of the country for more than 6 months in a row or 8 months with breaks, during the length of your resident permit, which is now 2 years.
6 months are considered 180 days.
-@Nia Queiroz

Thank you for responding. So if we opt for the 8 months with breaks, is that considered 30 days x 4 months or 120 days? And then, do I count the day I left Portugal, or is it overnight stays ? So if we leave for two weeks one month, and one week the following month, is that 2 months or just 21 days?

If we opt for the 6 months, if we stay in Portugal for 6 consecutive months, then we can leave for the next 6 months?