How to make family reunification with less effort

I have completed my D7 application process and I am currently waiting for the visa. I know that I can do the family reunification after getting my residence card from SEF. After the visa is approved, can I benefit from the visa extension when my spouse visits with a Schengen visa while I am waiting for the SEF appointment?

Related link:

https://imigrante.sef.pt/en/prorrogar-permanencia/vs

Any ideas ? or Anyone in the same situation?

Thanks 1f642.svg

I believe so.  I am in same position being a resident under NHR for 4 years. I am British. My partner is non EU and is in Portugal under travel Schengen visa. An organisation called Claim Albufeira helped us in the process.  I asked at the time if I ought to apply for a Schengen extension and was told it was possible but not necessary in my case.

I say in my case because there are special rules due to Brexit for us. That means, apparently, my partner can remain in Portugal until end of 2023. That is because the process has started and we await an SEF appointment.  Lord knows when that will happen but I doubt we will receive a call anytime soon.  Of course, should and when my partner's Schengen visa expires (beginning of April the 90 days are up) then she cannot leave Portugal to Spain etc, and if she does leave to go out of Schengen then she needs to make a new Schengen visa application. Remember we have the 90 days in any 180 days restriction to take into consideration too.

We need to leave Portugal at end of June and if SEF haven't called us for interview and granted the vida, we need to return at end of December and start the whole process again from the beginning.

Nothing is ever easy , straightforward or quick wit SEF.

Hi there,

According to our lawyer your wife can stay in Portugal even if her she given visa expires.i got my resident card since last year, the lawyer said because your wife is under process meansxaiti g for SEF appointment then she can stay in Portugal without any legal problem till she get her appointment from SEF and regularise get situation.

I hope this will help.

Thanks 1f603.svg@znasne and @slugsurmamates

@kocali Hi, did you do the D7 application yourself?  I am getting different information on what bank balance is required foe the d7 visa? I can show passive income but do not have a big bank balance. do you know anything about the actual requirements? can i do it directly to embassy? or do i have to use an agent? the Portugeese embassy in uk seem completely unaware that the D7 visa exits.

Hi Simon,

There is a lot of information here.

Experience sharing about Visas to Portugal (D7 & others)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=971460

Residence Rights in Portugal for UK citizens after BREXIT

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=908742

Regards

@simonukwales you need to apply at VFS.

The requirements are: proof of passive income no less than 760€ and proof of means of subsistence: 9120€ (12×760€) for the main applicant, 50% of that for a spouse and 30% for each dependent.

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : Promoting your services is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct