How a foreigner can be benefiary on wife's bank accounts

I'm an US citizen married to a Vietnamese citizen living in Vietnam. Our money here in the Vietnamese banks is in her name. How can I be beneficiary on those accounts? It's not as easy as just naming me to the banks. They don't accept foreign beneficiaries and unfortunately Vietnam doesn't allow dual citizenship.

your wife creart a wise account on Wise app, then from your wife's Wise account she can transfer the money to your bank account via Wise app in any current (EURO, USD, €,£). I have transfer the money in my Visa Debit account to the bank account to my boyfriend in European via Wise.

Are you sure about VN not allowing dual citizenship?  Inquiry mind likes to know.

your wife creart a wise account on Wise app, then from your wife's Wise account she can transfer the money to your bank account via Wise app in any current (EURO, USD, €,£). I have transfer the money in my Visa Debit account to the bank account to my boyfriend in European via Wise.
-@Thuy Duong Nguyen

Thank you for your first post since you joined the Vietnam forum in March, 2021.

Your experience is good for people to know, since you must certainly be able to prove the source of the funds in YOUR account before YOU send money outside Vietnam with WISE.

Unfortunately, it's not so easy for foreigners or people with cash deposits in their Vietnam account to do this.

However, the OP (original poster) is asking about how HE (as a "beneficiary") can take control of the money in the account IF his wife is dead OR unable to access her account for some reason.

Do you know how the OP can legally be added or appointed as beneficiary of his wife's account?

My thought (not legal knowledge, but working within my and my wife's experience with Agribank):

If the OP is living in Vietnam on a TRC or PRC, he should open a DOMESTIC account at the same bank where his wife has the account.

Some banks (ACB for one) will not allow a foreign spouse to open a DOMESTIC account, so it's possible they will need to move their money to a bank where that's allowed.

Then also the wife will need to share her password with the husband.

Should the wife become incapacitated or dead, the husband should be able to easily transfer funds from her account to his.

Then he can withdraw funds at the bank's ATM. 

Or he can simply gain control of her debit card with pin number and access her account that way.

If anyone has a better idea it would be great to hear it.

I'm just sharing based on my current experience banking in Vietnam with my wife

Are you sure about VN not allowing dual citizenship? Inquiry mind likes to know.
-@Yoda0807

Good question.

Based on various posts in the forum that have touched on this subject over the years, it seems (to me; no authority) that Vietnam tolerates its citizens becoming citizens of other countries but makes it difficult for Việt Kiều in America to establish citizenship in Việt Nam without a renunciation of their US citizenship.

I'm only basing that perception on the anecdotal accounts from naturalized Việt Kiều US citizens who have been stonewalled by the US Embassy and Consulates of Vietnam in their pursuit of gaining a Vietnam passport.

As for the OP who's not Việt Kiều, as Rick (budman) once posted, the path to Vietnam citizenship first requires permanent residency approval (PRC).

It also seems that the same renunciation of citizenship form is a part of the process.

It really would be great if we could have this question settled with an authoritative reference, but so far we only have individual posts about this and a lot of silence from the Embassy and Consulates in the United States.

I had a dual account with my wife at HD Bank. The account was in her name and I could access it. If you get a dual name account or if its an account just in her name upon  death the money should go to you with the presentation of your marriage certificate. This varies from bank to bank.

In saying this it can get complicated if the family goes after the money. I wouldnt let the family know this account exists.