Send money abroad without VN Bank account.

Hi all . i need to send money to Europe but i dont have a Vietnam Bank account . Anybody know how to send cash In Dong , Euro or any other currency ,to European Bank account ?

@Dimitrios Gkatzouras There has been quite some posts about this topic.

Without proof of where the money comes from, I think it's going to be difficult.

I guess your best bet would be to ask a friend who does have a bank account..

Hi all . i need to send money to Europe but i dont have a Vietnam Bank account . Anybody know how to send cash In Dong , Euro or any other currency ,to European Bank account ?
-@Dimitrios Gkatzouras

Hello Dimitrios Gkatzouras, and welcome to expat.com!

Good point RCP79.

Dimitrios, could you give us a little more detail? Is the money in cash, held by you in VND? Is the money you wish to transfer to a bank account already in a different foreign bank account?

When you have time, let us know a few more particulars, and members then might be able to offer suggestions.

Again, welcome to expat.com. Lots of friendly folk here

I think @RCP79 is right.. but have you ever asked Western-Union or Moneygram?

Find someone who has a bank account in the country you want to send to. Give them the money in VN and get them to transfer from their account to your friend in that country.

I think @RCP79 is right.. but have you ever asked Western-Union or Moneygram?
-@SpeedyBuddha

Unfortunately Western Union, even if attempting to transfer within VN, cannot send money, only receive.

I've no experience with Moneygram.

-@Dimitrios Gkatzouras

Hopefully you have at least 1 totally trustworthy Vietnamese friend you can ask about this.

We cannot give you advice on using methods that are technically illegal in Vietnam, but your trustworthy Vietnamese friend will almost certainly know how to do it, using a system that's worked for Vietnamese people for many years.

if anyone attempts to talk about this more than that, Admin will probably have to delete your post and close this thread.

Good luck Dimitrios!

-@Dimitrios Gkatzouras

Hopefully you have at least 1 totally trustworthy Vietnamese friend you can ask about this.

We cannot give you advice on using methods that are technically illegal in Vietnam, but your trustworthy Vietnamese friend will almost certainly know how to do it, using a system that's worked for Vietnamese people for many years.

if anyone attempts to talk about this more than that, Admin will probably have to delete your post and close this thread.

Good luck Dimitrios!
-@OceanBeach92107

Depends on the reason for sending the money abroad, and certainly, skirting the system will definitely lead to repercussions (severe, even).

I paid, back in December 2021, a legal bill to a solicitor in France. It was done through a VN bank, through a teller. I was required to present a copy of the solicitor's invoice, including his name, address, ph#. It had to be translated to VN, and then notarized. I was then able to deposit money in to his account through the VN teller. I paid with VND, he received Euro. It was a royal pain in the arse, and cost almost 2 million VND in total.

It is also possible to make payments on your own credit card bill, paying in VND and having your card credited in its default currency. You may be asked to provide proof of the source of the VND you are paying with, so best to have this ready, just in case. Keep copies of your pay stubs, ATM withdrawal receipts, transfers to you from abroad, etc. And as far as I know, there is nothing stopping a foreigner from over-paying his credit card bill.

I suggest Dimitrious, and all, that playing it above board is the way to go. The financial institution will pleasantly guide you through the (often convoluted)  process. Either that, or they'll tell you "No can do. Sorry".

Then, well...

Thanks alot to all you guys

I just need to pay some bills buck home so i have vnd cash and Euros. At Vietcombank they told me that i cannot open an account just with cash , need to provide a proof of how that money came to Vietnam or a salary . But i am on tourist visa here .

Try Western Union at 150 Tran Hung Dao, Quan 5.  If that's not close to you, look on line for more.  They are worldwide.  Very dependable.

why didn't you pay the bills before you went on holidays or just ask your family to pay them and pay them when you get back?

Try Western Union at 150 Tran Hung Dao, Quan 5. If that's not close to you, look on line for more. They are worldwide. Very dependable.
-@williamherron13

You cant send money out by Western Union.

Try Western Union at 150 Tran Hung Dao, Quan 5. If that's not close to you, look on line for more. They are worldwide. Very dependable.
-@williamherron13

See, here, for why W.U. would not help.

@Dimitrios Gkatzouras  Hi friend, suggest u to borrow a Vietnam bank account or use Western union or some kinds same same

Have someone back home pay the bills and then pay them back after your vacation.  You are here just on vacation on a tourist visa and not working here, right? Then you should have money back home in your home account that you can use to pay those bills.

@Dimitrios Gkatzouras The basic guideline in  VN is that the government does not like VN currency to be sent abroad. So any attempt to simply convert cash and mail it out is doomed. (That would include Western Union, Remitly, Wise, etc). And if you ask a VN friend, s/he will need to show  that the funds were leagally generated in VN. I assume there is no way to prove that a specific 500K VND note was earned in VN  but they would need to show enough legally generated income to make it feasable... Having a bank account definitely makes one's financial life easier.