Register at Thai residence

Registering at wifes house 1 week after arrival & had to pay 1600 baht for late registration. Is that legit or a con ? Any advice, people?

It is legit I am afraid - now that there is no TM6 required when arriving on the plane.

Yet another reason for Expats to think that Thailand does not want them to stay.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-vi … 0-thailand

It is legit I am afraid - now that there is no TM6 required when arriving on the plane.
Yet another reason for Expats to think that Thailand does not want them to stay.
https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-vi … 0-thailand
-@AussieBob99

The TM6 card has nothing to do with the TM30 registration.The requirement to report within 24 hours after arrival, except during weekends and holidays came into effect years ago.

Just register yourself within 24 hours as required by Thai immigration rules = forms are free and you have to make photocopies of front page and arrival stamp of your passport + photocopy of residence: all signed by owner

Just register yourself within 24 hours as required by Thai immigration rules = forms are free and you have to make photocopies of front page and arrival stamp of your passport + photocopy of residence: all signed by owner
-@Vlad Doguilev

In several immigration offices you can self-report, meaning no signatures by the owner is needed. (You have to ask at the local immigration office if self-reporting is accepted.) You just sign every copy yourself, and always in blue ink.

I had to register my residence for purchasing my motorbike

and it was about 6 months after arriving. I went thru the

immigration office at Phuket. And it cost 500B

I had to register my residence for purchasing my motorbike
and it was about 6 months after arriving. I went thru the
immigration office at Phuket. And it cost 500B
-@scbrock

The fee is a maximum of ฿1,600.

The additional aspect of this TM30 is that the Immigration pretends the foreigner to notify again within 24 hours also when coming back from a short trip abroad even if staying at same address since years.

I was told like this recently at Chaeng Wattana Imm.Div.1 Bkk.

@Leeds forever! In Bkk now they want TM30 either made online by the owner, or if you do it by yourself in person then need an additional "Power of attorney" signed by owner that you are doing it on his behalf.

@Leeds forever! In Bkk now they want TM30 either made online by the owner, or if you do it by yourself in person then need an additional "Power of attorney" signed by owner that you are doing it on his behalf.
-@Maxi Mari
The TM30 report online is designed for hotels and guesthouses to report guests,not for reporting people staying in for example rented condos or houses. Who cares what immigration in BKK wants? Do you think everybody are staying in Bkk? In many provinces you can self-report without any power of attorney.You just need a signed copy of a Thai id-card if the owner is Thai or a signed copy of a passport if the owner is a foreigner. Then the usual copies from your passport and contract/lease.

@Leeds forever! Sorry to disappoint you, no need to be such ********

But there is an application since 4 years for house and condo owners where they register using own Thabienbaan and id, infact I had to make it for my room owner and know it well.

You may not care about Bangkok but if it starts here where it was very easy before, it means you will get it soon also elsewhere in Thailand.

Ciao stronzo

Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : Inappropriate comment. Kindly be respectful to all members.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Leeds forever! Sorry to disappoint you, no need to be such *****
But there is an application since 4 years for house and condo owners where they register using own Thabienbaan and id, infact I had to make it for my room owner and know it well.
You may not care about Bangkok but if it starts here where it was very easy before, it means you will get it soon also elsewhere in Thailand.
Ciao stronzo
-@Maxi Mari

Sorry,but you don't know what you're talking about. In 2019, immigration HQ in BKK announced the latest requirements for the TM30 report in person.There's been no official announcement about changes since then. Just because something changes in Bkk doesn't by default mean that it changes everywhere. Several immigration offices understands how to make it easier for people. I'm staying in Jomtien,Pattaya. A TM30 report in person takes about 5 minutes to submit.No power of attorney is needed and will probably never be needed.

@Maxi Mari just had my landlady in Macao do this form for me  went to immigration in bkk, was a month late, no fine.  max fine is 2000 baht...  TIT, LOL.

@Maxi Mari just had my landlady in Macao do this form for me went to immigration in bkk, was a month late, no fine. max fine is 2000 baht... TIT, LOL.
-@Friendly G34

The official maximum fine is ฿1,600.

This is not what I read on the paperwork given to me at immigration here in bkk just a week or do ago.  it said 2000.  But since this is Thailand  it's entirely possible we're both correct, lol.  Nothing to pick nits about, in my opinion.  Cheers.

This is not what I read on the paperwork given to me at immigration here in bkk just a week or do ago. it said 2000. But since this is Thailand it's entirely possible we're both correct, lol. Nothing to pick nits about, in my opinion. Cheers.
-@Friendly G34

You're right,this is Thailand. The document(s) I read at Jomtien immigration said a maximum ฿1,600 fee for a late TM30 and ฿2,000 for a late 90 days report.

@Leeds forever! was never really enforced. i moved from pattaya to sakon. used the new address in the 90 day report several times already. no tm30. btw tm30 must be filed by the house / hotel owner,

@Leeds forever! was never really enforced. i moved from pattaya to sakon. used the new address in the 90 day report several times already. no tm30. btw tm30 must be filed by the house / hotel owner,
-@kschindl

In several provinces you can self report the TM30, as in for example Pattaya. It's officially the owner/landlord/possessor who can submit a TM30. A tenant is a possessor. And, in most provinces you must show a copy of the TM30 receipt when applying for annual extensions.The TM30 report shows your official permanent address. An expat can't officially move from a province where he's registered to another province without submitting a TM30 in the new province.

For a 90 Day report and I was 12 days late (had been to Phuket and totally forgot about it.) I had to pay 5 day late fee at 500 baht per day for maximum fine of 2000 baht.

It turns out you can report up to two weeks early and one week late.  Thus the 5 day late fee.

My advice, go earlier but don't go later. 555

For a 90 Day report and I was 12 days late (had been to Phuket and totally forgot about it.) I had to pay 5 day late fee at 500 baht per day for maximum fine of 2000 baht.
It turns out you can report up to two weeks early and one week late. Thus the 5 day late fee.

My advice, go earlier but don't go later. 555
-@mdgolfer2003

It's 15 days early and 7 days late start counting from the due date. It means you have a 21 days window to submit the report in person. There's no problem what so ever doing it up to 7 days late and there's no fine. You were actually 12 days late.