My Quest for an SNS Number!

Hi Guys!

I have read the posts about some of you simply walking into your local Health Center and obtaining your SNS number to get your Driver's License exchanged here in Portugal, but I am having no luck, whatsoever!

We live in the Amoreira, Obidos district. I received my Residency Card through Family Reunification with my German Husband on the 24th of October. I only have 90 days to exchange my Driver's License or I will be driving illegally. I went in person to my local Health Center with all of my necessary documents, and I am still waiting. I have gone in once a week since to check on the progress and am told it will be probably another week, perhaps more. I have even had the MD exam which I have passed, but the Doctor cannot upload that report to the IMT website without that SNS Number!

What the heck can I do? I have been as patient and polite as I can possibly be! Can anyone offer some advice?

Hi blackeagledancin, Welcome.

Try sending an email to the regional health department responsible for the Óbidos area and hierarchically above the local health centres, explaining your case, and ask why your problem is taking so long to be solved:

[email protected]

https://www.sns.gov.pt/entidades-de-sau … ste-norte/

@JohnnyPT

Thank You for the Welcome, and the email address JohnnyPT! I will email them right now!

@blackeagledancin

Hi @JohnnyPT,

I messaged regional in Obidos right after you posted this, but haven't heard back. No doubt the Holiday week!

I did walk into our local Saude once again (been doing this weekly for 2 months), and the lady who usually tells us it will be a few more weeks was busy on the phone. Her Associate was kind and assisted us. I walked out with my SNS Number!

I had the Physical for my Driver's License exchange already, so I forwarded my SNS Number to the Physician to upload into the IMT website.

The IMT website wouldn't accept my SNS Number, stating that it was Not Activated!

How the Heck do I activate it? I have Googled and find nothing. This is incredible, really. My 90 days to exchange my license is up soon, and I have been at this for a long time. I am exhausted and disheartened.