Rent a flat or a house in Seattle

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Seattle. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Seattle.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Seattle?

How to find a home in Seattle: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

The biggest hurdle is credit reference checks.  This applies not only to finding accommodation but just about anything where finances are involved.  Things have changed a lot since I last lived here and credit ratings have become very important.  Having said that, we found somewhere to live within the first couple of weeks.  We also managed to get car finance and we got a secured credit card (I recommend this for at least getting started on building credit).  We ended up in an apartment.  We would have preferred a house but apart from that it meets all our other requirements.  You may need to spend a bit more time searching to get over this hurdle and some agents will be more understanding than others.  Unlike Sydney where pretty much 100% of landlords go through real estate agents, you can find owners who let directly to tenants and I think you have a better chance in that situation if you meet and they like you.