Dependant Pass

Hi Guys,

I have been here for a couple of months and i am having such a diffucult time finding a job.

I have 7 years of experience in operational management in tech company.

I have started to feel awful with back to back rejections. I get calls sometime but when i tell them on DP pass they clearly decline.

I am stuck in this vicious cycle, please suggest a way out. I really need to get to work for my mental and financial stability :(

@sonia-1991 Hi Sonia,

I am stuck here for almost 3 years now, you let me know if you get any solution.

For reasons unknown to me, many employers do not want to hire anyone on DP.

It might be because they don't know that it is possible. You may thus try to tell tem about the requirements and formalities.

Good luck!

@sonia-1991 : Welcome to Singapore ! I know you must have been feeling heavy inside and stressed about your job.

You have mentioned that you are into operational management experience, I must tell you you have great scope for getting the Job, but here are few things you can try considering out to make it keeping some patience

• Being on DP is just normal way of ruling out, but yet if you have technical knowledge along with your operational stuff then You would be landing into an elite jobs on EP and companies are ready to offer you
  • I would recommend you to find out the closest fit technology functionally with basic certification would add more value to your profile along.
  • Get some trainings through udemy courses which are pretty cheap and have lifetime access.
  • Be active on Linked in with updated profile and experience

If you can gain something on product then combining with your past experience would turn into a huge demand which I see around too.

Since its already October and most of the market would take a break in hiring's, I suggest you to be prepared by January end, there would be plenty of openings  around Feb end, March ,April , May till October

Good Luck !

Any Queries welcome ! please connect on my professional network Linked In - abhireddy001

You situation is really terrifying. I gave up my offer for PhD position at Queens University Belfast because my wife was accepted for a PhD programme at NUS. She too dropped an offer from Monash and chose NUS. We are realizing the harsh reality only now. Pulling out is not an option anymore since her PhD guide is excellent and we have rejected all other offers.

I have been in academic research and scientific writing for about 4 years and have had no single reply from some 20+ applications I have made so far in a month, including prospecting emails. Sadly either I'll have to water down my entire career to stay with her or move to a place where I can find work and live separately for the next four years.

I continue to remain hopeful. Something will workout eventually.

@AR2022

Thank you soo much for you taking out the time to give such wonderful suggestions.

I am already doing Google Project management certification on coursera but i will definitly explore the tech side.

Please let me know if you have any particular suggestions

Thank you :)

@carloslocke

I completly get what you are going through. I am really happy for my husband but i feel like i am giving up mine for his :(

The only solution is to find an employer (preferably a larger firm), willing to sponsor an EP or S Pass for you.

@sonia-1991 That's great to hear from your side on the progress. Since Singapore's market is largely occupied into Finance Sector , media and Retail, Focusing on any area around Banking, media and eCommerce solutions would be great advantage.

Technology areas: ERP / CRM

Positions: Product Owner / Technofunctional / Functional Consultant / Consulting / Testing

Anything in above areas would be fruitful.

Hope it adds elevation for your roadmap.

Welcome Always!

As a DP holder, you can explore the option of working on a Work Permit. There are some people who succeeded by using this path. But mos of the employers don't know about it, you will have to educate them.