Ipa status enquiry

Long story short

IPA suppose to end on 13/09/2022.

Today is 14/09/2022 but IPA is still valid.. any idea why?

Im from Malaysia and was tricked and offered a job under WP and was told by MOM to wait until the IPA is revoked/expired so another company can apply for WP. However another company still cannot apply even after the previous IPA has expired.

1fJbrqX

@babyjashihttps://ibb.co/Jz80nfS

https://ibb.co/1fJbrqX

Obviously, an exöired IPA is not enough - the underlying work pass must be cancelled by the employer!

Terminate your contract with them and ask them to do that quickly!

@beppi i wasnt issued with any work permit nor gone through any medical check up yet. 

I didnt not even start to work nor offered a position. The company applied IPA promising a job but i didn't get it and the company refuses to cancel the IPA, i was ghosted. I escalate this to MOM and they told me to wait until the IPA is revoked.

They company doesn't respond back to me, so does this means this IPA will stay valid forever? Or will it actually be revoked after certain period of time. I am waiting since april 2022.

You must have been offered a job and accepted it (in effect agreeing to an employment contract with the company). Otherwise they cannot apply for a work pass for you!

Now you must properly terminate this contract - and then the employer isobliged to cancel the work pass application without delay. If they don't, contact MoM with proof of your termination - they can cancel the work pass from their end. But they won't without such proof!

@beppi thank you for that information. However like i said the company ghosted me and MoM told me to wait until the IPA is not valid so other company can start applying. So my question is how long is the ipa valid for? The ipa was applied 25 April 2022 and expired on 13 Sept 2022, but the status still shows Valid. So any idea on when the IPA will be withdraw automatically by the system?

@babyjashi In that case you should contact MoM and ask them.