Call centers in Philipines

Hi all -  We're a physician practice management company. We have an offshore office in India and looking into potentially setting up a call center in the Philippines. Anyone here have any experience in this area?

@Parvaze hello Parvaze..can help....lets talk

Hi all -  We're a physician practice management company. We have an offshore office in India and looking into potentially setting up a call center in the Philippines. Anyone here have any experience in this area?
- @Parvaze

Hello! I don't have experience in setting up call centers, but I do have a masters degree and communicate well with others. I'm looking for a management position, so please do feel free to contact me if you think I might be able to help you get your business running. My wife, a Filipina, worked in call centers for years and can offer valuable insight into recruiting employees and spreading the word that you're seeking staff. All the best and good for you for starting something original! Congratulations 😀
@Parvaze
We have an offshore office in India and looking into potentially setting up a call center in the Philippines.

Good grief, the worst experiences I've had were talking to call centers in India.

@onefogarty appreciate you reaching out but we're not looking for a manager at the moment. I'm trying to find people experienced in setting setting up/running call centers, ideally with US healthcare background.

@Enzyte Bob Sorry you had a bad experience, that's why we give our Indian operators diction lessons - Most of them now sound like they're from Texas or the Midwest 😁

@EmyMamamiya happy to chat with you. You can email me your contact info if you don't want to post it here (WhatsApp, Skype) parvazesb@gmail.com

No own experiende. I just know there are several Call Centers in Cebu city.   

Or perhaps WERE.  They got some panic when Trump said when he started being president, he will take home jobs to USA, but I dont know if it became any difference.  A Filipina I know has her Call Center job there still anyway.   (Night shift to suit when the customers are awake.)

They have/had foreign teachers teaching Filipinos to talk with the accent the foreign customers want.  (American, Austrailian. I dont know if any European or if they have their call center service in European low salary countries as e g Moldova.)
@Parvaze
We have an offshore office in India and looking into potentially setting up a call center in the Philippines.

Good grief, the worst experiences I've had were talking to call centers in India.
- @Enzyte Bob
Actually not being funny, but some of the best experiences I had were call centers in India and Philippines. Speak English better than in the US call centers and very polite. Its probably because US call centers employ and pay minimum wage so you don't get educated people or those that aren't good speakers. Just my experience, and I'm sure it depends upon which company is involved.
Actually not being funny, but some of the best experiences I had were call centers in India and Philippines. Speak English better than in the US call centers and very polite. Its probably because US call centers employ and pay minimum wage so you don't get educated people or those that aren't good speakers. Just my experience, and I'm sure it depends upon which company is involved.
- @Filamretire
Yes often low salaries in WESTERN messure, but the lower than that paid in countries as the Philippines can be good anyway in Filipino messure   :)
E g the Filipina I know, who have worked long time in Call Centre, is rather high educated. I havent asked how much she get paid but she stay instead of become OFW so...

Some western companies dont even pay salaries by calling working "apprentice" or such,
or they get big part of the costs paid by ther government in add job programs...
And when the period ends and its time to employ them and pay them proper, then many get skiped and replaced by new such low/no costs for salaries...
Or when its sale work then its common with so low pay per sold so its more or less impossible to reach ok salary...
@Parvaze

- @Enzyte Bob
- @Filamretire
Free butter chicken too if you treat ‘‘em right
@Filamretire call centers in India and Philippines. Speak English better than in the US call centers
When I speak to call centers it's mainly earthlink.net (India) & Citibank
(Philippines). Evidently I had a fella working from home, the background noise of roosters was louder than him.

@Parvaze  no direct experience but I have acquaintances in the BPO business who are very happy with the facilities and conditions. Popular areas for BPO are: Metro Manila, Cebu, Davao, Clark.

@martyn27 Thanks for the info. It seems Manilla, and Cebu are the hot spots for call centers, followed by Angeles and Davao, at least based on the information I've gathered so far

Oh jeez. Indian call centres. Just that phrase instills dread into any British born native citizen. No I'm not being racist to our Indian friends (to preempt that accusation ) just stating the facts.
I personally along with many friends and colleagues just put the phone down when put through to an Indian call centre.
I recently had to call my bank (which I dread at the best of times) and ended up speaking with one of those fast talking Indian unintelligible call centre operatives. I stated that if I don't get put through to a native English speaker (wherever in the world they may reside) I would close my account. Yes this was HSBC bank.

Its a cultural thing. Indians speak fast with an accent that (along with Glaswegian ;) ) is unintelligible to the average Limey i.e Moi. I have iterated this gripe in a previous post but if anything gets my blood boiling its this topic.
The polar opposite experience is with Filipinos. Their second language is of course English but they have an American accent which lends itself to comprehension by American customers hence why so many US corporations use Philippine call centres. Unlike their Indian counterparts they speak slowly without that condescensing, patronising tone used by Indian operatives and with a delightful empathy. If your pissed off when the call is answered by a Filipino, at the end of the call you will be smiling.

I remember seeing a BBC television documentary many years ago which might explain the above chasm in the Anglo/Indian relationship. The Indian politician being interviewed had , like many Indians, a huge chip on his shoulder because of the yoke of the British Raj rule of the country from 1858-1947 (independence) . The politician asked ' What have the British done for us apart from subjugating our citizens and pilaging our resources and labour?) To be fair this is true. The Journalist replied: 'How about democracy, the railways and probably the best civil service in the world?' Nuff said.

@Lotus Eater I'm also Scottish by birth (from Edinburgh) live in California and looking into doing something in the Philippines largely because I don't want to live in India 😂 With that said, all our Indian office staff are given diction training to eliminate the accent and had worked very well for us 🙂

@Parvaze. . . With that said, all our Indian office staff are given diction training to eliminate the accent

First thing is to teach them is how to say Hello, I can tell they are Indian because they say: eee lo.

Hello Parvaze, if you are trying to look for a perfect call center in the Philippines I think I can help you with that. I know lots of call centers in the Philippines but there are few that I could only recommend they are the best and perfect for any kind of business.

@Parvaze

Parvaze,

Can help with the set up of a call centre and every aspect of running it.

There are different view's from the below comments, To be honest if the staff are trained right on the product, speech, sales etc you can do well here as well as any place else.

In regards to the medical side in America, I can't help you with that. If it was the UK I would say yes to a certain level.

If you need any help DM me, I will help were possible.

@Althea Smith Thanks for the response. We're not looking for a call center, we're thinking about setting up our own to handle the back office functions for medical practices we manage

@Guest08032023 Do you change consulting fees for this type of assistance, if so, how much?

Hello  Parvaze,

Please note that Guest08032023 is no longer a member of this forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Parvaze Hi there! I have some info for you. I sent you a message along with an email. I look forward to hearing from you!

@jewlzee1 Thanks, but not interested

@Cheryl Noted

@Parvaze Good luck!

Are you still in need of a Call center set up?