What is the best SUV or pick up for very steep hills in Baguio City?

Asking for your suggestion or recommendation for an SUV or Pick up for very steep hills in Baguio City. Currently I am using an MG HS but not so much power especially in steep hills. Thank you

Hi Joey, welcome to the forum.

Auto or manual?

While I don't know your MG or engine size we have a 1.5 litre turbo petrol and auto Haima S5 and 4/5 people in the car has no problems passing slow vehicles going up to Baguio. Perhaps your MG is underpowered or something wrong with it?

I'm used to V8's in Australia but not needed here. I thought about a Ford Wild Track or even the Raptor with a 2 litre turbo engine and a 10 speed auto box but couldn't justify the cost nor need given we only travel 5 or 6K kilometres per year.

Research Joey.

Cheers, Steve.

@joey5552000

I did a quick search on your car and basically the same as ours for HP and torque but ours is only a 4 speed auto so not sure why you are having issues given your MG has a 7 speed box is the turbo working properly?

Cheers, Steve.

@joey5552000

4X4.png

They worked for me going down to the Colorado river and back up in the Grand Canyon same going up to the Taal volcano but not as far, they never missed a beat.

Good choice Aidan but tend to be a little slow.

As mentioned to Joey we have a similar spec SUV to his MG and 4 of us went up to Baguio and back last week and I was actually surprised at the power going up the hills with 3 large and 1 smaller person when passing slower vehicles. Doubt the donkeys would make it from Bacnotan to Baguio in 2 hours and they are not air conditioned.

Cheers, Steve.