13A Visa Requirements Entering the Philippines First time

Have a question regarding entering the Philippines with a 13A Visa for the first time. I acquired my Visa through a Embassy in The US.

Do I need to buy a ticket that takes me out of the country or will the allow you to enter on a one way ticket.

You have not said which version of a 13a visa you have. As I understand things if you have a 13a perminany visa you are a resident and do not need an onward ticket. If a provisional visa, depending on the orders in place at the time, you may need an onward ticket. However, as I understand things, the onward ticket requirement was only implemented during the pandemic and has been revoked almost a year ago by presidential decree.

Hopefully this helps.

Technically you may not need an onward ticket but you may have difficulty explaining that to the person checking you in for your flight.

From the Philippine consulate:

"PHILIPPINE VISA POLICY

No visa required for a stay not exceeding thirty (30) days. Traveler must hold valid ticket for return journey to country of origin or next country of destination and a passport valid for a period of at least six (6) months beyond the stay in the Philippines."

I've never had to produce my return or onward ticket. On my last trip to the Philippines I was asked if I had an onward ticket, but I did not have to show it. I did have a cheap throw-away ticket just in case. I now have a SRRV visa which allows me permanent resident status but I don't know how that affects the onward ticket policy on my next trip.

To the OP, ask tour carrier where you book/ed your flights as they are the ones that will stop you boarding to come here. Have all your paperwork in order for immigration here and enjoy yourself in the Philippines.

Cheers, Steve.

Again it is the airlines responsibility to check before you are allowed to board.

When I presented my ticket at LAX to MNL, it was obvious to the agent looking at my ticket it was for a round trip.

As for previous threads people have purchased online an exit ticket and then cancelling the exit ticket after boarding the flight.

I answered my own question this morning land in Seoul Korea with a connection to Manila.  Was asked by the agent how long I plan to stay, I replied I have a visa in my passport. She looked at it entered the dates and printed my boarding pass. No problem. To be on the safe side since you can't get answers on the Internet about Philippines Visas Customs etc. I also contacted the Embassy in Washington DC before boarding my flight in Atlanta and got a reply from them after telling them I need an answer soon because I am boarding a flight shortly to leave the USA. 

They did reply earlier the next morning with the statement you do not need a departure ticket or a return ticket to enter the Philippines with that Visa.

It is by terms a probationary visa the first year.