(Spousal) 13A Expiration Date

My 13A doesn't expire until February 2026, I was wondering the process when the time comes to renew. What paperwork is involved?

I've done a Google search and their is so much incorrect information. Even some have posted on their website that the 13A never has to be renewed only the annual report. Some have said there is no expiration date on their card.

So if you have renewed your 13A, what paperwork did you need to fill out? and what was the cost?

@Enzyte Bob The 13a VISA has no expiration as long as you are still married. You were given an ACR card attached to your 13a visa showing permanent resident. It is good for 5 years. About a month before it expires, you can go to several immigration offices to renew it. You dont have to go to Manila unless that's where you live. On the BI website, there is a link to BI locations in the Phil and what they can do at each location. Regarding paperwork, download the ACR renewal form from the BI website. Fill out 2 copies. You also need to copy the data page from your passport and bring your passport. Also copy your 13a visa stamp from your passport. Also copy the stamp of last entry. You will also need a copy of your current ACR card, front and back. You need to surrender the card at the time of application. Cost is 3,000 plus 500p for express. Takes 3-4 weeks to get the new one.

jngg621 said. . . . The 13a VISA has no expiration as long as you are still married. You were given an ACR card attached to your 13a visa showing permanent resident. It is good for 5 years. About a month before it expires, you can go to several immigration offices to renew it. You dont have to go to Manila unless that's where you live. On the BI website, there is a link to BI locations in the Phil and what they can do at each location. Regarding paperwork, download the ACR renewal form from the BI website. Fill out 2 copies. You also need to copy the data page from your passport and bring your passport. Also copy your 13a visa stamp from your passport. Also copy the stamp of last entry. You will also need a copy of your current ACR card, front and back. You need to surrender the card at the time of application. Cost is 3,000 plus 500p for express. Takes 3-4 weeks to get the new one.

Thanks, I think I understand it now, if I'm wrong anyone please correct me.

The 13A is perpetual into the future beyond five years, the expiration date on the back of the 13A in essence is a timeline letting you know it's time to renew. This is if you meet all the requirements. (marriage, etc. etc.)

Hello everyone,

Just to inform you that I have put aside some posts from this thread. We had a troll and we banned the account.

Regards

Bhavna

Yes, its The 13a Visa stamped in your passport that NEVER expires.

But the ACR Card you received along with the 13a Visa will expire and needs to be renewed every 5 years

In addition, 13a visa holders are Required to participate in the yearly annual reporting

If i remember correctly you will not find anything on the BI website specifically on how to renew the 5 year 13a ACR card.

I learned the 5 year renewal procedure is exactly the same as renewing the 1 year ACR card on there website.

Same form and Same Requirements.

Many local offices will accept the renewal forms etc but you will still have to pick up card at the main when ready.

In my case I paid and left renewal package at SM Aura office for processing, but I had to pick up card at the Main

What will I have to deal with if my ACR card has expired and has been expired for more than 5 years?

What will I have to deal with if my ACR card has expired and has been expired for more than 5 years?         -@marcweber

Obviously too little information added to provide an answer such as, where are you now, assume you didn't file the annual report, are you still living with your wife etc etc.. However, this is a very old and recurring topic on expat forum and I suggest you search for previous postings on this and similar topics...or find Philippine attorney specializing in immigration. Certain visa companies such as JRC may also be able to help.

@vehicross100

The Tacloban BI had my card delivered to their office in Tacloban.  Then called me when it was available.  Mine was not expired but I had to convert from 13G to 13E when my wife died.  Luckily the Tacloban BI was kind enough to handle the whole process.  I did have to get an attorney as it was a very complicated process.

Hello.

Did anyone renew their 13A card(PRV) recently?

My husband needs to renew his prv card this November cause its already the 5th year.so i just want to know how its done.thanks in advance.