American football

Just out of curiosity,  does anybody know a way to even listen to live games?

Regards

Keith

I usually go online to CBS sports, and click on the game of my choice and you can get a readout of each individual play.  There are shows on utube that are talk shows which we get on our smart tv.  Basically it is a guy from one of the two teams playing, watching the game on tv and doing a narrative about the game.  All you see is the guy talking into a mike.  Sometimes I do both Cbs sports and the Utube guy.  Three years ago the Global satellite tv in Vigan had a channel which showed live every Thursday,  Sunday and Monday night game on Friday Monday and Tuesday morning at 9:15 AM.

Thursday, Sunday & Monday night games are streamed live on Premier Sports (part of a cable package). When the network breaks for an ad, they leave you with a slide. When the broadcast resumes,  they restart. They normally do rebroadcasts at 6 pm later in the day with the ad interruptions removed. on Monday evening at 6 pm (Phils time…) that channel will broadcast a replay of a full nfl game from Sunday afternoon, followed at 8:30 pm by a rebroadcast of the Sunday night game.

I find nfl-video.com more useful,  though. It offers all games for free in their entirety about 2-4 hours after the game ends. This offering is improved because all the commercial breaks are removed.

I usually wait to the next day and watch the highlights on Youtube, reducing the game from three hours to 12 or 13 minutes. If the game becomes a yawner, I fast forward to the last minute to see the results.

On occasion I see the results and think omg that's surprising, then fastback. Similar to a fan giving up hope on his team and leaves. As he hears the roar of the crowd outside the stadium on the way to his car, he just missed his team scoring two touchdowns in the last 90 seconds.

I use simple radio app for radio coverage.  YouTube has live game streams that sometimes get shutdown midgame.  Using a VPN sometimes works mostly doesn't.

I watch every game live streamed. I pay for the NFLTV Game Pass package on DAZN. Even the Amazon games are broadcast on it overseas. Haven't missed a game, including playoffs since I landed here one year ago (tomorrow).

Edit: This also means sometimes I'm getting up to watch an east coast starting time game at 2am. But the 9ers are worth it!

I watch every game live streamed. I pay for the NFLTV Game Pass package on DAZN. Even the Amazon games are broadcast on it overseas. Haven't missed a game, including playoffs since I landed here one year ago (tomorrow).
Edit: This also means sometimes I'm getting up to watch an east coast starting time game at 2am. But the 9ers are worth it!

-@Larry Fisher

When I wanted to watch Aaron Rodgers and his Packers 😂 I just got the login code from my son in the states. But, there came a time when the NFL got too much into woke politics with their support of kneeling at the flag etc.. I think that is a mistake the NFL regrets so I have gone back to watching games. Regarding the 9ers, I lived near Green Bay, a very small town with a large stadium always packed full. I can remember as a kid when the Packers were struggling to remain a club, as they are today, owned by the fans. I remember a few years later when Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr won Superbowl number 1. There just is no fan like a Packer fan and no football tradition like the Packers.

I watch every game live streamed. I pay for the NFLTV Game Pass package on DAZN. Even the Amazon games are broadcast on it overseas. Haven't missed a game, including playoffs since I landed here one year ago (tomorrow).Edit: This also means sometimes I'm getting up to watch an east coast starting time game at 2am. But the 9ers are worth it!        -@Larry FisherWhen I wanted to watch Aaron Rodgers and his Packers 😂 I just got the login code from my son in the states. But, there came a time when the NFL got too much into woke politics with their support of kneeling at the flag etc.. I think that is a mistake the NFL regrets so I have gone back to watching games. Regarding the 9ers, I lived near Green Bay, a very small town with a large stadium always packed full. I can remember as a kid when the Packers were struggling to remain a club, as they are today, owned by the fans. I remember a few years later when Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr won Superbowl number 1. There just is no fan like a Packer fan and no football tradition like the Packers.        -@danfinn

I'm terribly sorry to here about your illness. I wish I could offer some assistance. But know, you're in our prayers.1f60e.svg

I'm terribly sorry to hee about your illness. I wish I could offer some assistance. But know, you're in our prayers.1f60e.svg

1f923.svg1f923.svg1f923.svg1f923.svgYour envy is well understood, after all, the 49ers were around when the Superbowl started and there was no hope they could get close to it at that time.  Wiki describes the fan base as follows:

"The Packers have an exceptionally loyal fan base. Regardless of team performance, every game played in Green Bay–preseason, regular season, and playoffs–has been sold out since 1960.[114] Despite the Packers having by far the smallest local TV market, the team consistently ranks as one of the most popular in the NFL.[115] They also have one of the longest season ticket waiting lists in professional sports: 140,000 names long, more than there are seats at Lambeau Field.[116][117][118] The average wait is said to be over 30 years,[119] but with only 90 or so tickets turned over annually it would be 955 years before the newest name on the list got theirs.[117] As a result, season tickets are willed to next of kin and newborns placed optimistically on the waiting list.[120]"

danfinn said. . . .

They also have one of the longest season ticket waiting lists in professional sports: 140,000 names long, more than there are seats at Lambeau Field.[116][117][118] The average wait is said to be over 30 years,[119] but with only 90 or so tickets turned over annually it would be 955 years before the newest name on the list got theirs.[117] As a result, season tickets are willed to next of kin and newborns placed optimistically on the waiting list.[120]"

This is true in many NFL cities. Once living in Pittsburgh PA the list is over 20 years. Families for years with season tickets treat them as a business often buying up others too.

I learned the secret of buying Steelers tickets on game day. People holding signs saying I need tickets are actually scalpers selling tickets.

Yes, the 9ers sucked pretty bad back then. Even with John Brodie. But when Eddie Debartolo got the team,  and Bill Walsh, things changed. Now the 9ers have 1 more Super Bowl trophy on their mantle than GB. And appear to be knocking on the door for another. 

*my first nfl game was at Kezar stadium, vs the LA Rams,  even before Candlestick was built. 25 yrs later I was at the game when Dwight Clark made  "The Catch" from Joe Montana,  beating Dallas on their way to their first Lombardi trophy.

@Kampkos104

Utube is the best option if you have internet access.... other option is download the nfl application and check it out

danfinn said. . . .They also have one of the longest season ticket waiting lists in professional sports: 140,000 names long, more than there are seats at Lambeau Field.[116][117][118] The average wait is said to be over 30 years,[119] but with only 90 or so tickets turned over annually it would be 955 years before the newest name on the list got theirs.[117] As a result, season tickets are willed to next of kin and newborns placed optimistically on the waiting list.[120]"**********************This is true in many NFL cities. Once living in Pittsburgh PA the list is over 20 years. Families for years with season tickets treat them as a business often buying up others too.I learned the secret of buying Steelers tickets on game day. People holding signs saying I need tickets are actually scalpers selling tickets.                -@Enzyte Bob

I spent a lot of time in Manitowoc near Green Bay. What is different there is that Green Bay is a small town compared to other NFL cities like Pittsburgh. Wisconsin is smaller than PA so this seems to point to a smaller fanbase which is a extremely dedicated. And, I may be wrong but I don't think any other team had sell out attendance at every game since 1960.

What dividends did they pay this year?

What dividends did they pay this year?        -@mugteck

None. Green Bay Packers is a non-profit corporation whose stocks do not pay dividends and cannot be resold.