Relocation Tours

My husband and I are looking to move to Panama in the next 2-3 years. Am I researching early enough?  My question is about taking a tour of the country.  There's a website for a company that has a week long tour.  Is it worth it or are there locals that do customizable tours?  The tour company does hit the areas we are interested in. They also have very few negative reviews.  Appreciate your input.

We spent the week of Sept 08 - 15, 2023 in Dreams Playa Bonita Panama  and had a wonderful time and recommend to everyone.

Now we took a day walking tour with a local and he spoke pretty fluent English and was very knowledgeable about the historic parts of the new old city.

We will go back and take a few more tours on our own time but we will seek out true locals.

The tour may be good but I would rather do it on my time schedule instead of someone else's.

@Anissa Ftho i have not used their tour service *yet) i have found this organization to be very informative,they re always doing live stream videos on many, many topics, yodays (930_ live stream concerning using medicare in panama, they also have a "book they will sell you listing reliablre trustworthy contascts, i.e. ) realtors (buying or renting). immigration attorneys and thy also the names and contacts for customizable tours you will also get this book during the tour, my advice is to sign up for their email newsletters panama relocation yours is part of intenational living

i am planning on taking a tour in 2024

\ good luck

don in detroit

Jackie Lang is the owner of Panama Relocation Tours. I've found her and her company truthful, ethical, and knowledgeable. People I know have been very happy not only with her tours, but the contacts and friends they made, and the wealth of information shared. But there are also other sources of information like this group, many Facebook groups, blogs, and YouTube channels and you can create your own tour if you prefer.

Panama Relocation tours has no connection whatsoever with International Living. IL is a business that wants to sell you rainbows, unicorns, and expensive condos on the beach, and charge business owners for the opportunity to sell you more things. Take anything from them with a large dose of skepticism.

@kristc99

So you're saying this with or  without first hand knowledge?

i  am one who does not like to go on hear say or my friends neighbors cousins said so types of things.

i like first hand knowledge from someone and it is even better if i know that person myself!

Though i have been cheated more by so-called friends more than anyone.

I would tell  anyone to go visit and make a decision afterwards if  you would be interested in going further.

of course  do your own research on  things you may be interested in seeing and doing but i for one woild seek a tour that would go to my destinations i chose and at my pace.

you may find somewhere you could careless about and another ghat you may not want to leave!

@Chad Road  Panama Relocation Tours wasn't even a thing when we moved here, as far as I know. But I've talked with quite a few happy people who took the tour. There is an article on my blog (The Panama Adventure). Search for relocation and check the comments on the oldest article. They won't let me share a link here, I'm sure, but you can find it through a search.

You're right, Your chances are being scammed or taken advantage of are greatest with another expat. But it happens everywhere, unfortunately.

@Anissa F

Hello,

I also am interested in touring Panama but on my own terms. 

I reached out to Panama Relocation Tours and she recommended the private tour option for us!

This really appealed to me and will definitely consider doing.

@Anissa F

You are starting early enough.

My wife and I have been looking for a place to retire to and trying different places for the last 2 years and will be moving to PA April '24.

My wife and I went on a PRT tour in April/May of this year. I recommend them without reservation. The tour covered the beach areas we were interested in as well as mountain and rural.

There may be other tour companies in Panama, but I am not familiar with them. The best part of having used PRT is their documentation that is available online with regular updates on resources you will need to relocate to PA. Also, there is a large FB community to ask questions when you have them. We are starting to gather paperwork in November.

When we went, we got there a few days early to just look around Panama City and at the end of the tour, we stayed a few days in Casco Viejo.