Pension help please

Hi there,
I'm new to the forum and in need of your, 'been there, know that' experience!

Am considering the move to Cyprus as a retiree and am in research mode. I'm a bit confused about pensions and taxation.

It seems to say I have a choice in how I choose to be taxed so - if I choose to lump all my income together - state and private pension plus interest from investments - which comes way below the tax free allowance of 19,501euros, I don't pay any tax - even the 5% tax on the first 3,417 euros of my pension?

I can't imagine just by doing it that way I could be tax free - sounds too good to be true!
But I'm jumping for joy if it is  -  here's hoping!

it is indeed true -- almost the same as my situation  - although you still have to complete an annual online tax return...

take some good advise from Elizabeth Welch an extremely good tax accountant in Paphos

be careful with the declaration of the worldwide investment income as it can and will be taxed at 30% then you have to claim it back.. which may take a year or two to get it returned...

Wow . . . that is fantastic, thanks Toon! Have jotted down Elizabeth's name.
This is such a great info site - thank you all for the hard work and time you give, it's so very much appreciated by escapees like me.
A special mention to you Toon, I've checked in with lots of old posts and your advice is absolutely priceless about so many elements (some I didn't even know I ought to consider!) to a successful, enjoyable move.
Flat goes on the market now, so we'll see where that takes me!

Always ask.. research & fact check. Look listen learn read as much as you can. Consider everything ignore nothing...take your time to choose location and accom. Manage your expectations.... rent first for at least 6-12 months then if buying make sure you visit the property morning noon and night as the location dynamics change....