New to Madrid

Hello there!

I just moved to Madrid this week, and am reaching out to meet as many people as I can...of course I want to put myself out there and gain some Spanish friends and practice my Spanish...but the comfort of some American friends, especially in the beginning, is always good!

Anywho, any words of advice, suggestions, or just a desire to meet up for a glass of wine would be greatly welcomed :)

Muchas gracias--ciao!

Maria

Welcome on Expat-Blog Maria :)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Madrid forum for effective networking.

Regard

Hi Maria,
I would love to meet you and exchange espanish and Enghish conversation with you but im not in Madrid, im in Alicante suth east. anyway i will tray to send you the email adress of a good friend who lives in madrid.....

Bienvenidos a Madrid! The best way to get yourself out there and meet new people is to join an intercambio, an international language exchange group. There are many in Madrid. The best one is madridbabel.es/

I just moved to cuzco Madrid this week too,I am glad to meet you and exchange chinese and Enghish conversation with you.

Enjoy your estance!

Madrid is really nice, and you can move to our nice citys like Barcelona, Valencia, Santander, ... that they are really nice too!

Good luck!

Hello Expats in Madrid!

We got the ball rolling yesterday for a regular "Expat" get together in Madrid.
Next week, Wednesday March 3rd, we plan to meet again. Everyone is welcome! 
Location is TBA...probably in the Bilbao or plaza Olavide area.
Start time 9pm.
Pass this message along to anyone who might be interested in meeting other expats in Madrid.
-Troy (United Statesian)

hello Maria!!!

How are you in Madrid?I wait that youŽre ok!!

See you soon!

Welcome to Madrid, maria_nicholas! I have no doubt you'll make friends in no time. The usual "Intercambios" at O'Neils on Tuesdays and The Beer Station on Thursdays will no doubt have your Facebook Friends File bursting at the seems in no time. At these things you'll meet Spaniards wanting to practice their English and with them you can practice your Spanish. You'll also likely make a number of non-Spanish friends.

Saludos, MadridMan @ http://MadridMan.com!

Hello Maria!How are you?If you want,write me and you practise your spanish and i practise my english ok?hehehe.

My mail is: [email protected]

See you son!!!Thanks!!!!

Kisss

Hi Maria,

I am also an expat from LA living just outside of Madrid. I've been here about a month au pair'ing and am finding it a bit hard to make friends. Would love to meet up for a drink or just to talk around the town. Let me know!

Besos,

Tina

Hello :) IŽve just moved to Alcobendas and started to work as an Au-pair, so would be great to meet some people to go out with for coffee or wine..
Let me know :)
Gracias,

Kristyna