Are you happy in Turkmenistan?

Hello everyone!

According to the 2016 UN World Happiness Survey, Denmark, Switzerland and Iceland are the happiest countries on earth.

How about you? Are you happy in Turkmenistan? Do you feel happier today in your host country than before in your home country? What has contributed to the change?

In your opinion, are locals in Turkmenistan happy? How can you tell?

Please share your experience!

Hello Priscilla! I arrived to Ashgabat a month ago, so it is too early for me to say if I am happy here; but I am definitely excited to learn more about the country, its culture and tradition, to meet people and make friends.
Could you please share your experience living in Turkmenistan? How long are you living here?

Hello Elena Denissova,

Thanks for your contribution.

Please note that Priscilla is part of the Expat.com Team. This thread has been created for the Turkmenistan community to share with us how and what makes them happy.

Feel free to share your expat experience   :)

Cheers

Christopher
Expat.com

I lived in Ashgabat from 2012 to 2013. I was very happy and satisfied.

Thank you Christopher for clarification.
I am relatively new in Ashgabat, accompanying my husband on his long term assignment in Turkmenistan. I am wondering if expats get together for a drink / coffee, activities etc? if so, I would like to join and meet people.
Although, It seems there are not much activities on this forum, it never hurts to try :):) and may be it would encourage other expats as well??

I look forward to receive a feedback, suggestion...

Elena