Successful job interview in Azerbaijan

Hi,

passing a job interview in Azerbaijan can be a stressful moment, especially you are not familiar with the cultural and professional codes of the country.

How to successfully pass a job interview in Azerbaijan ?

What happens during the interview ?

What are the do's and don'ts during a job interview in Azerbaijan : what to say or not, what to wear, how to behave ?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience with us !

Julie

Hi Julie,

Well I successfully passed my interview for my job here in Azerbaijan by telephone! I was working in Oman at the time and received an e-mail job alert via an online recruitment agency. Anyway, after sending off my CV, I was asked to take part in a tele-conference interview. So, one chap was in London and the other was in Azerbaijan. So we had a three-way telecon interview that lasted an hour. Why a telecon interview, I hear you say? Because bringing perople to Azerbaijan to interview them is a hassle due to the prolonged visa formalities. Ask anybody who has come to Azerbaijan and they will tell you the same weary story about visas - it's a real pain . . . Mind you, they wanted someone in a hurry, hence the telecon.

So unfortunately, I cannot tell you much about what would happen during a face-to-face interview. My interview, however, was thorough and very professional. Having said that, it was also laid back. And here is one huge advantage of a telephone interview, I had prepared and laid out on a table my CV and a swathe of other documents I thought relevant to the interview. I had, so to speak, all my answers in front of me.

Hope this helps,
Ian

Hi Ian!

Thanks for your help ;)

Armand