Da Nang - prescription medication

We are spending 85 days in Da Nang and are unsure about bringing in Rheumatoid Arthritis medication and also strong painerkillers for back problems.  All medication will be original packaging, doc letter and copy of prescriptions.

When declaring the high amount (85 days, plus another 1.5 months for further travel after Da Nang) of medication at Customs, do customs generally allow the declared medication into Vietnam?

if it is confiscated, is RA medication readily available from the pharmacy, or do we need to visit the hospital for a replacement prescription?  any idea on prices!

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

We are spending 85 days in Da Nang and are unsure about bringing in Rheumatoid Arthritis medication and also strong painerkillers for back problems.  All medication will be original packaging, doc letter and copy of prescriptions.When declaring the high amount (85 days, plus another 1.5 months for further travel after Da Nang) of medication at Customs, do customs generally allow the declared medication into Vietnam?if it is confiscated, is RA medication readily available from the pharmacy, or do we need to visit the hospital for a replacement prescription?  any idea on prices!any help would be appreciated.thanks        -@Traveller2024

Hello Traveller2024. Welcome to the forum.

Your questions are a frequent topic on the forum.

I've no personal experience bringing in medication(s), but I can direct you to a recent thread discussing that, here. (Link)

I hope the information there is of some help.

Thanks for your feedback

@Traveller2024

I do hope there's something there that will assist you.

Please let the forum know how you fare with this. As mentioned, it is a popular topic.