Family of 4 relocation

Hi All,

We're a family of 4 and potentially looking at a move to Riyadh if I formally receive an offer. We're currently doing our research on everything from culture to cost of living and wondered if anyone could give us some advice. So far we have estimated the below (SAR monty costs) based on a lot of what we have read, does this all seem reasonable?

Accommodation - 8000 (non-compound), utility bills - 700, internet - 300, Groceries - 4000, school and bus - 8300, travel - 625, family levy/tax - 1200, leisure (meals etc) 1000. This gives us an estimated expenditure of SAR 24,125.00, does this seem reasonable?

My estimated salary is SAR 50,000 per month and we will still need to pay for our UK home so after all of the above I am anticipating approximately SAR 17,000 savings. Is there anything I have missed or expected to be low or high on the above?

The company benefits include healthcare cover (awaiting to understand if this is just me or the family), relocation fees, 2 flights per year, and tuition fees up to SAR 40k per child which I have accounted for above. I have also been told to expect to stay in Riyadh for 12 months and then relocation to Jeddah. Anything we need to consider with this in mind?

Is there anything else you feel we should consider?

Thanks for all the help.

Hi.

This seems quite good, especially if you have 17,000 left for savings, after all expenses.

I don't see any car related expenses - lease, fuel etc.   If the 825 for travel is that then it is on the low side.  Taxis to and fro to office (depending on location will cost a lot more than that), so will lease or buying a car.   The rest is as per your lifestyle - could be fine or could be a lot more.