90 days to get married once in the US, then we don't get married

My fiance has a fiance visa and is  from Philippines and when she arrives we have 90 days to get married.. what happens if after living with her 90 days I don't  want to marry her... And she doesn't want to go back.. what will the authorities do.. would I be liable?

do they send people out looking for her?

My fiance has a fiance visa and is  from Philippines and when she arrives we have 90 days to get married.. what happens if after living with her 90 days I don't  want to marry her... And she doesn't want to go back.. what will the authorities do.. would I be liable?do they send people out looking for her?        -@Captainram1

If this is the case and she hasn't left the Philippines yet, she needs to stay there!  If you both don't want to get married, you should not have filed a K-1 visa.  If she has arrived, she needs to return before the visa expires!

Upon entering with a K-1 visa, you both have 90 days to get married and file for adjustment of status.  It is not 90 days to live together to decide to get married.  If she does not marry you, her visa becomes invalid, she is inadmissible and subject to deportation.  And yes, they will start with coming to you in the search for her!  Also, you would have filed an Affidavit of Support (I-134) form, where you attested that you would be financially liable for her.  This could include costs for investigation and deportation.  So yes you are liable and could be charged with immigration fraud, which carries separate penalties.  Also, forget about trying to sponsor someone else ever again!

Romaniac

@romaniac

So I would be responsible for her even if I wasn't married and she takes off... I think this sort of thing has happened quite a few times..whats to prevent this from happening from so many scam artists out there..

One never knows the true intentions of somebody if they're trying to hide it from you...

Unless you've lived with them long enough and that would be a few years I would think..  I've only spent a few months with her so I don't really know her that well and All seems wonderful in the beginning, but it takes years to get to know somebody really in my opinion to know if you are completely compatible for marriage, I can't afford to stay away from my work More than a couple months at a time to get to know her really well..

@romaniac
So I would be responsible for her even if I wasn't married and she takes off... I think this sort of thing has happened quite a few times..whats to prevent this from happening from so many scam artists out there..
One never knows the true intentions of somebody if they're trying to hide it from you...
Unless you've lived with them long enough and that would be a few years I would think..  I've only spent a few months with her so I don't really know her that well and All seems wonderful in the beginning, but it takes years to get to know somebody really in my opinion to know if you are completely compatible for marriage, I can't afford to stay away from my work More than a couple months at a time to get to know her really well..

-@Captainram1

Yes, you're responsible.  Frankly I'm a bit surprised that you didn't understand this since you've already filed the applications/affidavits and she's been issued a visa.  The consequences are all spelled out throughout the process.  I'm also surprised that you did all this without knowing her too well, but I get it, it happens.  "90-day fiance" might make for an entertaining TV show, but it is not reality at all when it comes to USCIS and ICE

Everybody is different, but you may not need to necessarily live together to gain better knowledge of her and figure out the path forward.  Online relationships can work also!  I had an online relationship for about 2 years, we talked nearly every day at length, via video calls, and emails.  We truly got to know each other as much as we could.  When I visited her, everything online carried over and we got engaged after a week "together", and married 6 months later when I moved to be with her.  Of course living together, in a different country, adjustments and changes were made by both of us and it's difficult for anyone I think.  However. nearly 20 years on, we're still married and she's immigrated to the USA and is now a US citizen.