Expat accommodation and cost of living in New Caledonia

Hi

My name is Zoran.

I've got a job offer from Coniambo Mine SAS. Please, can you tell me something about the expat accommodation and cost of living in New Caledonia?

Up to now, working as an expat, I have had arranged accommodation and food from my employer,

In N.C. is different, I think.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thank you

@Zoran Apostolov

Hi !

I think the best is to ask your employer conditions of offer (lodging, fooding or other).

Cost of living in New Caledonia is very expensive.

Where are you from ? What salary do you intend to have?

Have a nice day!

Jean-Marc

Hi My name is Zoran. I've got a job offer from Coniambo Mine SAS. Please, can you tell me something about the expat accommodation and cost of living in New Caledonia? Up to now, working as an expat, I have had arranged accommodation and food from my employer, In N.C. is different, I think. Would be grateful for any advice. Thank you

Hello everyone and welcome on board Zoran !

Please note that this new thread has been created from your posts on the New Caledonia forum for better interaction.

Regards

Bhavna

@Wakusei TY for advice

I have to negotiate my salary. I am from Serbia. Heavy equipment maintenance technician.

@Zoran Apostolov

Hi Zoran,

Your employer will likely supply your housing and pay for most utilities. The housing is generally good and will be comfortable for your stay. Buying furniture etc is expensive. The cost of living is high. There are many expats there but the life in Kone is quiet and slow. There are many nice places to go and explore on your days off. It can be isolating there though if you go alone.