Want to move to the Bahamas

Hello Expat Experts, I have dual nationality. speak French, English, and other languages. Active handyman, 56 years old. I am an electrical engineer and have been living in Japan since 2010 as a carpenter and designer. My wife is Japanese and we decided to move to the Bahamas. we only have one dream. live in the best, most beautiful, and heavenly island. how can we make this dream come true

Hello King Abdol Big,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Feel free to ask specific questions on any topic, as doing so will help you gather more informative details.

Have you been to the Bahamas before? Why did you choose this Island?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@King Abdol Big such a nice dream. you can apply for work permit or make a purchase of a house and apply for residency   and get it 

@Cheryl

thank you for your quick response I knew the Bahamas for the first time when I was 6 years old and interested in many stories about the Bermuda Triangle and Bahama which was one of those sides of the triangle but we never had a chance to be there I traveled to many countries but I have a strong attachment to Bahama I don't know why honestly but fell in love since I was a kid and I'm pretty  sure one day I want to live and die in there

best regards

@SirAndi19

Dear Sir Andi 19, thank you for your words, you gave me hope when I thought hope was gone. Thank you very much for helping me. how can I apply for a work visa? how do I know what abilities are needed on my part there?

with the best regards

@Cheryl
thank you for your quick response I knew the Bahamas for the first time when I was 6 years old and interested in many stories about the Bermuda Triangle and Bahama which was one of those sides of the triangle but we never had a chance to be there I traveled to many countries but I have a strong attachment to Bahama I don't know why honestly but fell in love since I was a kid and I'm pretty  sure one day I want to live and die in there
best regards

-@King Abdol Big

Wow, I'm impressed. 1f60d.svg

I wish you the best of luck in making that dream come true.

Hopefully, you will be able to gather some valuable insights here. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

@King Abdol Big Hey, there's a few lovely companies on the island that would use your skillset. Im an agent in the area and would be happy to assist with your transition.

You'd need to work on a permit, housing and perhaps residency if you'll stay long term. The trend for housing seems to be the Western side, closer to restaurants, hotels, better beaches and MUCH less traffic.

Let's connect?

@King Abdol Big which island were you interested in moving to? If you'd like to work and be close to health care, I'd advise Nassau. The outer islands have less infrustructure, but still gorgeous! Abaco, Eleuthera and Exuma are great out island choices!