E-visa approval issue

Hi everyone,  I am already 3 months in Vietnam with two visa runs in Lao Bao. I applied for a 3rd time for new visa last Friday, got no reply within 3 working days as usual and after checking the immigration website, my application was not approved due to unsufficient passport photo (all my previous applications had the same passport photo that I have on my pc). They asked me to send a new, more clear passport photo and now I have to wait again for 3 working days for reply. My current visa expires on Monday. Just wondering if that happened to someone else or it is something new. Any suggestions or information will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Interesting. Toufas, did you have to pay again? Submit a new application?

If not, did they provide you with an email address to send the new picture to? If so, perhaps the immigration/eVisa officials just want the new photo before approving your application.

Please let us know how it turns out.
I just add the new photo in the first application. I was not asked to do an extra payment and since then when I check status is still in processing. No further information.
I just add the new photo in the first application. I was not asked to do an extra payment and since then when I check status is still in processing. No further information.
- @toufas

Okay, gotcha. But how did you learn that  they required a clearer/better picture?
Was there some notice given when you searched for your application results, here?

I've not heard of anyone else having this trouble (yet!). My friend who is visiting from Canada has a passport photo which is so dark as to make it virtually useless for identification purposes, and the facial pic he attached (3 or 4 times now) is simply a cropped pic of the passport photo. He's currently waiting for a response from immigration as to the status of his most recent eVisa application.
I'll post back once he's received a response.
We received no e-mail from immigration. We just inserted the registration code to check the status of our application and there was the reason our visa was on hold due to insufficient passport photo resolution. Note that this photo was used two times already for visa run without any issue. And this concerns two passports, mine and my girlfriend's. Now, we are in the second day after the updated photos were provided and still waiting for reply. We also just sent an e-mail to the immigration asking kindly to help us with an update outcome.
Are you in Vietnam?
I see you are in Vietnam so if you don't receive your new evisa you just exit and wait for new visa. I always apply weeks before expiration but that my way.
I see you are in Vietnam so if you don't receive your new evisa you just exit and wait for new visa. I always apply weeks before expiration but that my way.
- @pogiwayne

I logged on to say exactly that, Pogiwayne, but I see you beat me to it :)
Good advice.
@toufas
Toufas, I strongly suggest you and your GF resist any temptation you might be entertaining to overstay your current visas.
There have been reports of people being denied a new eVisa due to having overstayed their current one.

Best to follow Pogiwayne's advice.
@Aidan in HCMC

Hi Aidan,

On a related note, it appears as if I need both my passport AND a passport size photo for the e-Visa.

Is this correct?

Please advise,

Roger
@Aidan in HCMC

Hi Aidan,

On a related note, it appears as if I need both my passport AND a passport size photo for the e-Visa.

Is this correct?

Please advise,

Roger
- @RTLisSB

Hi Roger. Yes, to apply for the eVisa you will need to upload a facial picture and your main info page (I forget the correct term for it now) of your passport.

My friend visiting from Toronto simply took a photo with his phone of his passport info page and cropped it to make it look neat, and then cropped again from that the picture of his face. Worked a charm, so far.

I know you've still got a couple of months before your departure, but no harm in applying now so that it is one hurdle out of the way.

@Aidan in HCMC

Hi Aidan,

Is this correct?

Please advise,

Roger
- @RTLisSB

Hi Roger. Yes, to apply for the eVisa you will need to upload a facial picture and your main info page (I forget the correct term for it now) of your passport.

My friend visiting from Toronto simply took a photo with his phone of his passport info page and cropped it to make it look neat, and then cropped again from that the picture of his face. Worked a charm, so far.

I know you've still got a couple of months before your departure, but no harm in applying now so that it is one hurdle out of the way.

- @Aidan in HCMC

LOL.
I just remembered that on the example page the guy's name is "Martin Specimen"
@RTLisSB

Once you've applied, don't forget to grab a screen shot of your registration number which will enable you to search the immigration site for the status of your application.

@Aidan in HCMC

Done!

Cheers,

Roger
Thanks a lot of guys i will keep you informed.
But as i'm living in Vietnam for 12 years partially, i have the feeling that from now on it will not be so smooth environment for foreigners of any visa status , except of real tourists.
But as i'm living in Vietnam for 12 years partially, i have the feeling that from now on it will not be so smooth environment for foreigners of any visa status , except of real tourists.
- @toufas

Same here 14 years plus in Vietnam & got the feeling the good ol days are over. Never mind had a good run & being as its Vietnam, tomorrow is another day & whats the law today is history tomorrow!
- @toufas

Same here 14 years plus in Vietnam & got the feeling the good ol days are over. Never mind had a good run & being as its Vietnam, tomorrow is another day & whats the law today is history tomorrow!
- @goodolboy
Many Vietnamese women receiving marriage proposals are not so upset about it...
Many Vietnamese women receiving marriage proposals are not so upset about it...

- @OceanBeach92107

LOL!
I'll trade you one lifetime of devotion, for one 3 year residency permit. Deal?

@Aidan in HCMC
I would hope that nobody would marry just to get a longer visa. Marriage is hard enough without it being a sham for a visa. Love and respect must be there.

So i took the risk to travel to Lao Bao without having new e-visa approval yet (last day of my valid one). arrived at 4.30 pm and i was lucky to reserve it just then. although no emails come anymore. (now chain) now change. Check status your self on the website. be wise to apply next time 15 days ahead.

@Aidan in HCMC
I applied for a 1-month visa on July 17th for entry on Sep 27.
I only get this answer.
Application status: In processing

They say it takes from 2-3 working days. No it's more than 14.

Any idea why?
@RealPommy
You applied on the evisa website? On that website the time stated is 3 working days but lately has been 5-7 days for many. The website provides contact information if you have questions/problems. Contact them.
I applied for a 1-month visa on July 17th for entry on Sep 27.
I only get this answer.
Application status: In processing

They say it takes from 2-3 working days. No it's more than 14.

Any idea why?
- @RealPommy

Seriously, with a history of a previous violation, don't you think you are more likely to get a relevant answer from immigration than from us?

So i took the risk to travel to Lao Bao without having new e-visa approval yet (last day of my valid one). arrived at 4.30 pm and i was lucky to reserve it just then. although no emails come anymore. (now chain) now change. Check status your self on the website. be wise to apply next time 15 days ahead.

- @toufas

Thank you for the update, and the recommendation, Toufas. Very much appreciate it.
- @toufas

Okay, gotcha. But how did you learn that  they required a clearer/better picture?
Was there some notice given when you searched for your application results, here?

I've not heard of anyone else having this trouble (yet!). My friend who is visiting from Canada has a passport photo which is so dark as to make it virtually useless for identification purposes, and the facial pic he attached (3 or 4 times now) is simply a cropped pic of the passport photo. He's currently waiting for a response from immigration as to the status of his most recent eVisa application.
I'll post back once he's received a response.
- @Aidan in HCMC

His new eVisa application, submitted last Thursday, was received (approved) yesterday (Monday). This was confirmed both by searching on the gov't site, and by email.
If you were able to see his passport photo you'd be amazed it wasn't required of him to submit a new/clear pic.
When I looked at the eviisa application website to assist my elderly friend with their application it clearly stated two rules.
1. Applicant must be a foreigner (not Vietnamese)
2. The application can only be made whilst the applicant is outside of Vietnam

So doesn't rule 2 mean that you should apply from the airport departure gate?
This means that you spend at least 3-5 days overseas each month :(
QPR….
You are not understanding what the meaning of the statement means. Remember this is a translation from Vietnamese.
Applications can be submitted from outside or inside Vietnam. Since March thousands have been submitted from within Vietnam and approved.

Where do you see these two items?
so the moral of the story is, apply at least 2 weeks before entry to account for any hiccups. My first application I forgot my middle name on my passport ! re the photo, probably a different person assessed it this time around.
QPR….
You are not understanding what the meaning of the statement means. Remember this is a translation from Vietnamese.
Applications can be submitted from outside or inside Vietnam. Since March thousands have been submitted from within Vietnam and approved.

Where do you see these two items?
- @pogiwayne
As I recall, there is a place where they ask for an address in the application.

I'm pretty sure that address cannot be an address inside Vietnam, and the phone number can't be inside Vietnam either.

I'm happy to be corrected about that.
@OceanBeach92107
I put my U.S. address as permanent then my address in VN below.
I use my USA phone number for everything because I have worldwide roaming.
It would be interesting to find out if anyone has ever used their VN address in both places.
Of course immigration will know you are a foreigner because of the passport…
Pogi,

TO answer your question:
We only use our VN. address for home/local and family stuff. We use our US address and phone for financial stuff. Hope this helps.
MAc
Thanks but I'm not the OP. I haven't had any problems getting evisa.
Just received mine on Tuesday so 3 business days as advertised.  Will be interesting to see how the first border run goes.

Roger
Does anyone know if misdemeanors on a background check will get you denied for a work permit? Please,  how do I post in general chat?
Does anyone know if misdemeanors on a background check will get you denied for a work permit? Please,  how do I post in general chat?
- @tomacho

I'm not sure about that one, Tomacho.
To post a new topic, click here, then the bright orange banner, on the left, titled "Post new topic"
Just received mine on Tuesday so 3 business days as advertised.  Will be interesting to see how the first border run goes.

Roger
- @RTLisSB

Well sir, that's it then.
No backing out now
:)
@tomacho
I would think that it depends on the misdemeanor class.

Roger
- @RTLisSB

Well sir, that's it then.
No backing out now
smile.png
- @Aidan in HCMCLOL, too true!
This whole 30 day E visa thing is a joke. Can someone please explain the logic behind it whilst tourist cities like Nha Trang, Da Nang etc are on their knees waiting for tourists ?
This whole 30 day E visa thing is a joke. Can someone please explain the logic behind it whilst tourist cities like Nha Trang, Da Nang etc are on their knees waiting for tourists ?
- @panda7

Extra cash and under the table deals for certain people. They will tell you its all about getting rid of unqualified workers, which we all know is bullshit.