David seeks Taipei employment

Good day Friends reading,

I simply seek to expand my network of Ex pat Taipei residents, whom may offer me advice or indeed leads to finding permanent employment in Taipei. My Taiwanese wife and I are living in Yong He City location. I am staying here for one month until 4.4.09, when I will need to return to England. My wife will stay in Taipei as she has secured a job and we have progressed our apartment to put down our roots. Of course the situation is not ideal as or family will be apart until I can find full time employment which in turn will allow me to apply for my work permit and resident visa.  I already appreciat any information you may have. Coffee is on me!

Please connect on [email protected] I am checking email every day in anticipation of some positive reply

Thank you
David Taylor

If your wife is Taiwanese, you don't need employment or a work permit for a resident visa. You can get a joining family visa. Then it's easier to find a job because the employer doesn't have to do the paper work for you.

Dear Charlie,
Thank you for the reply and advice. I would appreciate your independant view. Besides teaching English etc, what real employment opportunities do you think exist in Taipei for a non Mandarin speaking British?

Be interseted your view?

Hello pitton & welcome to Expat.com!

A little intro maybe?:whistle:

Thank you,
Harmonie.