Networking meetings for expats in Kolkata?

Hi,
IŽm new in town. Would like to get in contact with other expats (no matter what country - IŽm german, 46 years old,  by the way). Are there special meetings or what is the easiest way to get in contact in this town (special restaurants, cafés..., websites)?

Great to hear from you!

Thanks in advance

ck1604

Hi ck1604!

Welcome on board ;)

Armand

Thank you Amand!

What is a good place to meet other expats in Kolkata?

Great to hear from you,

Christine

ck1604 wrote:

Hi,Would like to get in contact with other expats (no matter what country).

Oh, I think I should request the same, but there is no section “Kerala” in this forum. So I also post my request with you, ck1604. I recently relocated to Kochi, Kerala. If any expats (not tourists) are here in Kochi, it would be nice to know. I asked in the FRO – they said  - approximately 5000 foreigners (not tourists) are living and working here, but I see no one, I am alone here...

ck1604 wrote:

Thank you Amand!

What is a good place to meet other expats in Kolkata?

Great to hear from you,

Christine

Hi Christine,

I spent some part of my life in Kolkata. I noticed that the expats usually hang out near or around Park Street restaurant and watering holes like the The Park Hotel, Flury's etc. Then there is the Alliance Francaise near Park Circus where a few expats seem to frequent off and on. I don't know where you are from but if you are American or Brit, US and the UK embassies may also be able to give you information about any social get togethers.

Many of the Indians have absolutely no idea about the kind of personal privacy we expect in a public place in the West: and so may look at you curiously or even try to strike up a conversation. I would politely steer myself away from such overtures.

Thank you for your recommends. Year, I got the same impression about difference of privacy between the west and india. But, this is like the world is turning around. We are different and that is ok.

By the way, IŽm from Germany.

Best wishes

ck1604

Hi there, you can be in touch with me i take care of many expats in the 300 years old city of kolkata, [Moderated: free ad is not allowed on the forum.]

Thanks. But what do you mean with "I take care"....?
Where could we meet?

Best wishes

ck1604

hi there, I meant i help and assist my new friends from overseas to enjoy the Indian culture, and we can meet up anywhere in the city, like park Street metro station or may be in front of Indian Museum can u call me up-09239199737. Regards Rupak

hi buddy hz u/i am a journalist based out of spain currently in kolkata.i know the place well though looking for companion.Merry christmas to u.wats ur plans for new year?if you are looking to vibe up you can join me.i stay in south kolkata.you can reach me at 9007341608

gracias!

Sam

so many historical & tourist places in whole kolkata and kolkata is the one of oldest city of india .

Hi,
I left Kolkata 20 years ago, I am as lost as you, my friends have also moved out, if you want to get intouch and hang out let me know. Write to me at [email protected]

I do not know how many, if any, expats there are but I do know that there are a lot of foreigners (most likely tourists) along Sudder St.

So whats happening? Calcutta seems to be dry, come down to Bangalore, you gonna like it here, although I'm from Calcutta.

Hi,
How has the experience of living in Kolkata been for you?are u still there?