Motion for Consideration

Hi all, I'm on a 9a visa and at the end of the 36 month allowable stay and must exit before September 27.

Due to the difficulties with exiting, I'm filing a motion for consideration. My local BI said it will cost roughly 30,000 pesos, which seems excessive for a 60 day extension. Has anyone else filed a motion for consideration and how much did it cost?

I live in Bohol which is currently not allowing returning residents to enter the island. I have Filipino children, my partner and I cannot marry as her previous marriage is not annulled.

Any advice will be humbly appreciated.

Many thanks

Lee

Lee_Chppll wrote:

Hi all, I'm on a 9a visa and at the end of the 36 month allowable stay and must exit before September 27.

Due to the difficulties with exiting, I'm filing a motion for consideration. My local BI said it will cost roughly 30,000 pesos, which seems excessive for a 60 day extension. Has anyone else filed a motion for consideration and how much did it cost?

I live in Bohol which is currently not allowing returning residents to enter the island. I have Filipino children, my partner and I cannot marry as her previous marriage is not annulled.

Any advice will be humbly appreciated.

Many thanks

Lee

Hi and welcome to the forum Lee. I considered this option some months ago, talked to BI when renewing my visitor visa, I don't have to leave until early 2023 but forward thinking etc. My BI office in La Union advised I can do this and it would cost PHP 25K and I'm sure that didn't include express lane fees and the usual plethora of other charges, hence your 30K. It apparently is a once off option then leave. It can also be refused as Intromuros has the final say.

I am looking at the SRRV program because I don't see this Covid problem leaving PH. anytime in the near future.
Have you looked into the SRRV program in the past?  The Quota Visa?

https://pra.gov.phhttps://immigration.gov.ph/visa-require … quota-visa

Not knowing your financial situation, 10 or 20K US, pension or no, over 50, military affiliations etc etc. will be up to you to decide if worth going down that path. Phone or email contact, a trip or 3 to Cebu.

For you Lee you only have a month so need to act quickly. I wish you luck and keep us posted on how you fare.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi Steve, unfortunately not in a financial position to go down the SRRV or Non Quota route. Ex British army, 50 yrs old.

Lee_Chppll wrote:

Hi Steve, unfortunately not in a financial position to go down the SRRV or Non Quota route. Ex British army, 50 yrs old.

British army from memory is affiliated with the Philippines defence forces (others can correct me) and providing you have an honourable discharge/finished your service then from my understanding would qualify for the US 1500 buck deposit, a US 1400 application fee and US 10 bucks a year to maintain.

OMO but I have looked at the cost of leaving my home here and returning to Australia with potentially little hope of returning.......... My like your life is here now. The cost to rent/furnish/vehicle etc. back in Oz is ridiculous and then some, for me much easier to lock up a deposit and application fee here and I will save a lot of money and at the end of the day won't have to visit my immi office every 2 months alongside a few other perks.
Only you know your situation I'm just offering alternatives.

Good luck mate.

Cheers, Steve.

Try to find a different lawyer. Sounds like he's gouging. I had to ditch my 1st one who was handling a situation for me. Found a good one. The first one even threatened to report me to the authorities if I didn't pay him what he wanted which might lead to deportation. But then the second lawyer you might find may also try to gouge you on the price. It is all about money here. Good luck. I was thinking about relocating to Ecuador but then after researching it further it's also a gouging country. Money is King everywhere I guess. I never really cared much about it. I have never been poor-never been rich. Just had enough to meet my needs(Not my wants) Cant take it with you.

Lee_Chppll wrote:

Then you can even less get SIRV.
Sorry I dont have any good advice.

I suppouse you have good chance to be allowed to stay by you have kids, but they charge...
30k to be allowed to stay how long time extra?

Only 60 days, after that must exit... Complete nightmare!

Lee_Chppll wrote:

Only 60 days, after that must exit... Complete nightmare!

Oh then its very expensive, I think not worth it  (except if an other solution get reached during tthat extra time.)

If it would have been to avoid being blacklisted, it would have been worth it, but if I understood you correct, yoiu havent overstayed.