Teaching/Living in Ha'il

Is there anyone out there who either lives or works in Ha'il?  I've been offered a job at there University but I can't seem to get any info on what it's like to live there.

I'm a single female - would like to know what the educational system is like out there - what's it like to work there?

I already know about all the restrictions - jail-like conditions, etc - but what I need to know is - what's it like to teach there, and does anyone know of any vets in Ha'il?

Thx,

I'm a male ESL instructor here in KSA, and maybe I can't help you much, since you would teach females only. I'm ASSUMING that the girls you'll teach will be a milder audience that what you'd encounter if you taught in a public high school or even college. I don't forsee much in the way of classroom management, that you'll have to worry about. Boys is a whole different story, but you won't encounter that.  Hours are generally not bad. You'll probably finish at 3 or 3:30pm.  You'll have a certain amount of autonomy within your classroom.  You may have a larges classes. Expect 25 to 45 students.  I'm not sure what else I can tell you,because it's just straight-forward teaching, similar to any school in Canada or the US.  Of course, the exception being you have an all-female class.  The job itself will probably be the least of your worries, in a remote location whose name sounds uncomfortably like "hell."..haha I'm in a remote location too. Take care, and sorry if I'm not much help but no one else was stepping forward to give you any info (yet.) Hopefully some female instructors viewing the blog can give you some additional insights.

Hey how is the life hell there please explain. we are reconsidering the decision to move to Ha'il to teach post graduate students.

what is the general structure for society, conditions for women, kind of clothing for women, what are the means of entertainment for family.

No. of working days each week.

Are there good markets and shopping areas?

cost of living for a family of 3?

if you reconsider you ll love UAE because there are no restrictions there. u can wear your shorts go to the market then off to the beach maybe for some surfing lessons. :)

boys girls are segregatted in some schools and are not in others. but unlike ksa you will teach both and teach boys is OHMYGOD!

but at least you will be free after work, not that theres a major restriction during working hours.

Hi, university of ha'il offered me a Job as an English teaching....now,I'll travel there in septiembre with my son 7years old.to live there so REally ifmyou know or work there explain me sincerely how is everything because many people BY this Chanel has explained me how difficult is to live there...

Regards from venezuela..

Orquidia.

Hello Orquidia.

This post is dated 2011. :)

I invite you to start a new thread on the Saudi Arabia forum for better visibility.

Thank you,
Aurélie

orchid25 wrote:

Hi, university of ha'il offered me a Job as an English teaching....now,I'll travel there in septiembre with my son 7years old.to live there so REally ifmyou know or work there explain me sincerely how is everything because many people BY this Chanel has explained me how difficult is to live there...

Regards from venezuela..

Orquidia.

Are you SURE you will have a visa to bring your son with you??  Please double check on this--it's not the way it usually goes.

Hi thanks a lot for your Answer,so fast...thanks.
Well,you know,in my contract appear and THE ticket round too.

So i thinks it is true.

But THE city,women actitudes, Behaviours,children fun activistas,and so on.

Let me know If you know anyone who work there.

Thanks thanks a lot.

ORquidia

orchid25 wrote:

THE ticket round too.

But what about the VISAS?  Did you have to submit both you and your son's passports to get visas to Saudi Arabia?  And did both of you get the visa pasted into your passport ????

Please be VERY careful.

Hi allie.

I can read you are worry....why? Let me know please.

If you can Of COURSE.

Sincerely
Orquidia

Hi Orchid,

I worry because sometimes unscrupulous recruiters tell you everything you want to hear but then, after you've made all your plans, they tell you something, like:  you misunderstood.  You can't bring your son until you've passed the 3 month probationary period.

After the probationary period, you hear:  Oh, sorry, we're waiting for visas.  Just give us a few weeks (and this goes on and on and on, for however long they can stall you before you pick up and leave).

There's a guy who just posted (I think his thread is something like, Goodbye Riyadh) to whom this was done.  It was also done to many of the married female ESL instructors at PNU here in Riyadh.

So .. please be careful :)

What? Oh my godddd...you know i fount he employ for a page named café Job something like THat,but i have read many many bad referentes about people i mean Teacher experienceshere just here in this page you know....
Well reallynthanks a lot for your help,If you know More let me know,and you know i'm single . I' m coming Only with my baby.

REgards

Orquidia