Requesting status on Rishikesh

I'm asking to find out the situation in Rishikesh.  I'm supposed to shift up there in about 2 months.

It doesnt look likely as we are still not allowed to travel to India

I need to clarify my position, then.  I'm still here in India.  I was talking to those who are local to Rishikesha, if possible.

The COVID19 pandemic has wreaked ruin over the country, and the current situation has not only physically and intellectually broke us all but has also emotionally exhausted us.

Rishikesh is a delightful city on the shores of River Ganga. It's the yoga capital of the world and a great site to practice yoga and meditation. Right now, the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted with ease in Uttarakhand, so you can stress-free relocate to Rishikesh.

On Sunday, the Uttarakhand government said that the state's prevalent coronavirus disease (Covid-19) situation is under control. Adding that border checks have been beefed up, focusing on people arriving from Kerala, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, and Tamil Nadu are witnessing an increase in daily Covid-19 cases.

It will be compulsory for persons entering the state from outside or heading to hill areas from the plains to register on the smart city site at the outset of their journey and to bring a negative RT-PCR or Rapid Antigen test report that is less than 72 hours old.

"People heading to Garhwal are being tested for Covid-19 in Rishikesh, and those going to Kumaon are being checked at Ramnagar's Tanda area and Rudrapur," Uttarakhand's health director Dr. Trupti Bahugana told ANI. Thermal screening is also being done in the state's Pithoragarh, Bageshwar, and Kausani districts, according to Bahugana.

When considering relocating to Rishikesh during the Covid-19 Pandemic, many issues arise related to packing and moving. ***

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Kindly share information without promoting services.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Dhanyavādaḥ for the information.  I'm passing that on to my contact, who is going to Hṛṣīkeśa this week to check on some houses for me to rent.