Entering the philippine nowadays

Is it enough to present marriage certificate to filippina at airport to enter the Philippine? no other documents available and my wife is not accompaning me.

With respect .. There are No immigration officials on this site . But a "Knowitall" may appear out of the woodwork

Can only tell you that as a US citizen married to a Filipina I must go to the local Philippines embassy or consulate to get a visa to enter the Philippines.   YMMV.

not speaking from personal experience.

rafic50 wrote:

Is it enough to present marriage certificate to filippina at airport to enter the Philippine? no other documents available and my wife is not accompaning me.

that use to work before someone did this.

PRESS RELEASE 2020 August 19

so now they are tightening down even harder, I don't recall where I read but I think it was the head of BI Morente that basically said - No Visa / No Entry - Period.

depending on where you are, I have read most people that has obtained visa's from PH embassy which takes only 1-2weeks, so might as well do it the right way  :top:

I presume you will also need to check if there will be any mandatory quarantine requirements once you arrive.

For Balikbayan stamp, you have to fly in with your wife and present your PSA Marriage Contract.

moonunit0103 wrote:

For Balikbayan stamp, you have to fly in with your wife and present your PSA Marriage Contract.

As of now you also need a visa from the embassy or consulate even if you fly in with your wife.

wow that sucks...hope it reverts back to normal...

The current VISA requirements for an Expat married to a Filipina national have been updated.  An Expat can now get a visa to PH with only a copy of their PH marriage certificate in hand.  It used to be you had to be travelling with your Filipina wife.  This is no longer the case.

I'm a US national married to a Filipina national and currently in the US trying to travel back to PH.  My Filipina wife and I are going to get a divorce so she is unwilling to give me a copy of our marriage certificate for my return visa.  Ironically, the marriage was arranged without my attendance so I don't know the date or city it was performed in.  I do have the year of marriage and my now expired probationary permanent visa number.  Does anyone have a contact in PH immigration or statistics dept. who can help me find the date and location of my marriage or even pull my marriage certificate?  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

ExitStageLeft wrote:

The current VISA requirements for an Expat married to a Filipina national have been updated.  An Expat can now get a visa to PH with only a copy of their PH marriage certificate in hand.  It used to be you had to be travelling with your Filipina wife.  This is no longer the case.

I believe you mix up two things.

Balinkbayan need wife traveling together.
Not the visas.
(Balinkbayan isnt realy a visa.)

Try the Philippines statistics authority at
Psa.gov.ph
If you were here, you would request a cenomar, which would show your marriage information, but you can contact them by email, they have the information, but I don't know whether they would provide it for a outside the country request.

Good luck

So if I get engaged to a Philipino will that work to visit?

Please refer to the following links for updated information.  As of this writing only foreigners who are married to a filipino with valid visa and marriage documents, or traveling with filipino spouse with marriage documents or EED can enter the Philippines.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/p … ravelruleshttps://immigration.gov.ph/

Maybe just a clarification, if I may.

In addition to the rules for those who have Filipino family. all visa are good for entry, but there are NO visa on arrival issued and tourist visa will not be issued without FDA approval vis an EED (for example to facilitate the SRRV application process).

My experience is that finding seats on planes is very difficult and the available seats are expensive. The reason is that there is a cap on arriving passengers of 2000pax per day, hopefully to be raised to 4000 soon. Our plane from Europe, carried 40 passengers. (B787)

Correct me if I am wrong.