Good neighborhoods or apartments?

We are looking to rent an apt. in Valencia winter/spring of 2012 and would appreciate suggestions on good neighborhoods.  We are somewhat familiar with Valencia, but not all of the neighborhoods.  We'd love something very central in the old town area, but are finding more (affordable, etc.) in areas such as City of Arts & Sciences and Cabanyal (any input on those?).  We'd like to be conveniently located to get around and preferably somewhere that has some life of its own.

Also, if anyone knows of any apartments or good sites or brokers, would love some suggestions!  Thanks!!!

Hi Samfl!

I would suggest you to post an advert in the accommodation section of Valencia classifieds.
It might help!

Regards
Armand

Dear Sam,

Sorry for replying so late. Im not a special fan of Cabanyal as it still quite bad conditions, valencian people are quite funny about that area.

As a valencian native person, i highly recommend Ruzzafa (central, the new carmen), Benimaclet or Patraix (a cheaper version). All these areas has their own life during fday and night.

I still like Carmen but is not what it use to be anymore (in my opinion).

I also like Portsaplaya, in the beach, i like to call it the little venice because its canals.