MOVING TO PAPHOS

:D Hi Everyone

I am about to start a 1 year advanced Nail art course at College. On completion I plan to move to Paphos indefinitely.

I would like advise on things like websites for job hunting in Pphos (To try secure work before I arrive).

As I don't drive advise on public transport, (I plan on living in Peyia)and would like to know if their is a good bus route and if not how long would it take to walk from Peyia to Coral Bay/Pafos Town?

Safety - How safe is the area for single people?

Bank: Can I open a cypriot bank account before I move and if so can anyone recommend banks (Web addresses please)

Can you recommend an Estat agent for rental properties and what kind of fee's you pay upfront?

A little about me:

Im kate, 40 years old and have worked in Travel since leaving School.
I have lived in Tenerife, Portugal, France and The Greek Islands. I have never had the pleasure of travelling to Cyprus but from the research I have done it seems like a great place to start a new life overseas.

I love animals and enjoy the company of people. I am happy, out-going and bubbly and believe that life is there to be enjoyed and not to dwell on the bad things. Too short id say!

Hope by joining this forum I will meet those who have already made the move who can give me valuable advise and hopefully make new friends who will be there once I arrive in September 2012.

Look forward to hearing from you soon guy's. Take care and be happy!!

Kate :D:):cool:

Hi Kate,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hi Kate im collecting the information you asked for and i will post them soon. Pafos is a very quite and safe town.

Hi Kate..Cyprus is very nice island which found in middle sea..and personality i like it so much..i never go there before but i heard alot of good things about it..weather..people..food..life in general is great..thats why i will be there next September..after one month from now..regarding the work u talked about i can provide help about that after my coming if u need..i am trader in forex market and manage accounts for alot of people from different coountries around world so i know most of brokers there in Cyprus but all branchs there in Limassol not Phapos..but no away from there..there is also public bus there if u liked to ride them..about bank account there is alot of banks there but impossible to open account before ur coming..but once u come u will be able to do that easy and they will even issue ur credit card visa or maseter at same day linked with the account u opened and which u will be able to use it anytime anywgere inside and out side Cyprus online and in stores..but my advice for u about that to have ur local credit card for ur country at least till ur arrival there..it will let u avoid to have cash money with u for more safe..and u will have certain limit inside ur local credit card..once u arrive there..u will cash all money inside the card from any ATM machin front any of banks and once u withdraw ur local card u immediatly take the money to nearest branch of any bank there to open ur account..
About the apartments its perfect and comfortable with all levels and openions..start with studio for one bed room up to 5 rooms..but minimum level there for such apartments is perfect..with good view and perfect furnished..prices start from 200 euros monthly up to 2000 euros..but the good one u can get for range of 300 or 350 euros monthly..and u will need to pay upfront one month only will be back for u when u leave..but i think such prices found in Laranca for example..because its more cheap in living..but others like Paphos..Limassol and Nicosia a little expensive..so u better rent apartment in cheap area then u go to ur work in another area by bus for example..

This is 2 websites for rent apartments..u choose the area and it will show alot of different apaprtments with different prices for u..

lettingscyprus.com/property.php?a=search&type=8&locationid=a-24&bedrooms=0&reference=Ref.+No.&x=20&y=8

findaproperty.com/searchresults.aspx?edid=09&salerent=1&areaid=3439

Later also u can get a used card there for very cheap price..u can check used cars prices on this website as well..

icars.com.cy/cars_in_cyprus

You can get a one for even 1000 euros and less..and about ur question about which safe areas for single..Cyprus in general safe country with lowest level of crims over world..and people there very good and like forigners..i am going there as i told u after long search between all countries over world..after i sorted alot of things..and at last i choose Cyprus..hope meet u there in person..at least i wont be alone and find someone share me my time..my life in the apartment..instead i feel bored..and in all ways hope good luck for u there..u also can google the banks in Cyprus to find best one for u..if u take it seiously about ur travel there..contact me and we arrange for travel together..