Pregnant and moving to Riyadh - difficult to get parents visas?

Hi,

My first post on this site. My husband has accepted a job in Riyadh and is moving there next week. I will be following about three months later when my visa is sorted. I have done loads of research and think we are as prepared as we can be! When I come out I will be 23 weeks pregnant. I know tourist visas and family visas may be difficult to get. Can anyone tell me whether my parents would be likely to be able to get visas to come and visit us from the UK once the baby is born (it is due Christmas Eve.) I would love them to be able to visit soon after the birth but don't know if it is possible. Thanks

Once you have your Iqama (residence permit) it is a fairly simple process, You can invite parents over and the authorities do allow this...nothing to worry about... good luck.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the country. Once your husband has his residence permit, application for a visit visa is fairly a simple process.

hi Khug.

My husband has also accepted a job in riyadh and would be moving there within next 20 days . i would be there after 3 months.It seems that our timings to reach KSA would be the same.

Well, you people are welcome to Riyadh. Whereas, for the lady who said she is pregnant... My advice is that if you wish to invite parents it will not be difficult, but for the delivery and post delivery care, you have to think about, whether it is suitable there in your country or here in Saudi.

With regards to hospitals & the delivery of your baby in Riyadh, there should be nothing to worry about. Hospitals facilities & the staff are generally top notch here.

Having your parents come over shouldn't be a problem either. I have looked into this myself, as I would like my parents to come over once we have children too.

All of the best, with the pregnancy & the move to Riyadh :)

hi khug.. welcome to the forum..

congrats on the pregnancy, hope everything goes all right for you !
to answer your conerns.
1) Family Visa processing takes a max of 2-3 weeks. depending on how fast the company processes the iqama..
2) Spouse and children are eligable for the family visa
3) Visit visa for immediate family members, mother and father, mother and father in law are generally issued visa without any problem . The stamping embassy at home country would require birth certificates, marriage certificate etc as proof of relation.

Hope all goes well for you..

Tough to get visit visa nowa days ...ita all depend upon your luck,,,iam trying since last 2 months here to get visit visa for parents...still under process

khug

Congatulations getting a family visa for parents can be a bit of a lottery. It is permitted but sometimes they are refused without explanation, at a Brit you have a higher than average chance of getting them, be aware that they will only be single entry so don't make any plans to visit Dubai or elsewhere if the proud new grandparents do come over. You may find it easer to make a holiday of it and meet in Dubai / Abu Dhabi where there are no visa restrictions, just a thought:)