Cheated by XXX power company

Can some one please give me advice on what to do about the xxx Power company I'm in Smolyan area , here's the story.
Dear xxx,

I returned to Tyryan Sept.. 2017 to find my power disconnected. I had filled out all the forms at the bank and xxx . I was told my bill would be paid from my bank account automatically. It had not. I hired a lawyer and went with her to xxx and the bank. At the bank DSK we talked to a manager who spoke English( I can provide his contact info.).We showed him all the forms and he checked the account and told us everything was in order and that xxx had not submitted a bill to be paid..We went to xxx and the woman who processed my registration(for electronic withdrawal) was no longer working there and they told my lawyer to contact head office for complaints. They also told my lawyer that if I didn't pay my bill(700+ leva) within 3 weeks it would go to court. I needed my power on so I decided to pay and get this problem solved and my power on. I decided to make the complaint later as I was told I would have to go to Plovdiv with all the documents to see a supervisor to get a resolution.My lawyer and I where told that if I paid the bill at the post office my power would be restored and the court case stopped. I feel very unfairly treated by your company. I did everything possible to pay my bill, your company failed to send a bill to my bank. My lawyer and the bank manager will confirm this as well. I have all the original documents to prove it. Furthermore my lawyer pointed out that xxx had my e-mail address and they did not notified by e-mail or normal mail that there was a problem. My lawyer told me this is against Bulgarian law. Can you find any proof that I was notified of this problem. I am in Canada now but will be in  Bulgaria next summer. Can you tell me what I need to do to get this resolved?

Regards, Sean O'Heany

Dear Sean oHeany,

Please be advised that we made a check and would like to give you the following infomation:

On 09.12.2016 xxx Bulgaria Elektrosnabdiavane” EAD, filed in the Regional court of Pavlikeni City , an application for an order for execution of debt obligation under article 410 of the Code of Civil Procedure, against „Four Seasons Hostel EOOD“ for payment of outstanding amounts for supplied  and unpaid electricity and grid services as it follows:

- Principal in the amount of 546,99lv. for the period from 17.06.2015 to 15.08.2016;

- Compensation for delay, in the amount of 24,75lv;

- Costs in court proceedings – 325,00lv., together with the statutory interest on the principal as of 08.12.2016 to the final payout of the obligation.

A private civil case № 826/2016 was field with this application, according to the description of Regional court of Pavlikeni City, and an order for execution of the monetary obligation was issued.

After the opening of a private civil case № 826/2016, the claimed principal and interest were paid, but  the court fees incured in the case were not paid.

On the basis of the writ of execution and for the purpose of collecting the sums, an enforcement case № 663/2018 has been instituted on 06.06.2018 (on the list of a bailiff -Silvia Koseva, registration №809). As of 24.08.2018 the debt is in the amount is 515,00 lv., representing court fees.

In case you need any additional information do not hesitate to contact us again.Dear Sean oHeany,

Please be advised that we made a check and would like to give you the following infomation:

On 09.12.2016 xxx Bulgaria Elektrosnabdiavane” EAD, filed in the Regional court of Pavlikeni City , an application for an order for execution of debt obligation under article 410 of the Code of Civil Procedure, against „Four Seasons Hostel EOOD“ for payment of outstanding amounts for supplied  and unpaid electricity and grid services as it follows:

- Principal in the amount of 546,99lv. for the period from 17.06.2015 to 15.08.2016;

- Compensation for delay, in the amount of 24,75lv;

- Costs in court proceedings – 325,00lv., together with the statutory interest on the principal as of 08.12.2016 to the final payout of the obligation.

A private civil case № 826/2016 was field with this application, according to the description of Regional court of Pavlikeni City, and an order for execution of the monetary obligation was issued.

After the opening of a private civil case № 826/2016, the claimed principal and interest were paid, but  the court fees incurred in the case were not paid.

On the basis of the writ of execution and for the purpose of collecting the sums, an enforcement case № 663/2018 has been instituted on 06.06.2018 (on the list of a bailiff -Silvia Koseva, registration №809). As of 24.08.2018 the debt is in the amount is 515,00 lv., representing court fees.

I have NOT been notified of any of these proceeding, not by email, phone or regular mail. The bank was never sent a bill for my power after i did the first registration for e-billing. They never notified me there was any problem AND  TO TOP IT OF i'M THE ABOUT TO TRANSFER 515.00 THAT THE COURT COST BILL WAS ON SEPT 18 2018 AND THEY TOLD ME IT'S NOW 582.00 LEVA 3 WEEKS LATER. what is going on with this company? I've been told by others in Serifimovo that they cause  problems for foreigners.  ANY advise would be greatly appreciated!   Sean

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Removal of name to avoid any risk linked to defamation. You may share the name in private

I have had the same, the lady at the post office in sunny beach post office had put in wrong numbers, so i had paid someone else bill, my solicitor went to pormoria will the receipts and they said the number are too different for her to make a mistake (was she having a laugh) well after that i tried to phone them with still no luck, so last month september i had payed my own bill and someone else bill the company are a waste of time, now i do it with on line banking

Well you are always responsible to pay your own bills on time, you should have looked if you had paid on time.
You hadn't paid for 14 months, in other countries you will be summoned to court too. It's a pretty standard norm.

I didn't understand something you said, you noticed it in september 2017 and you sent that letter what to do right?
They told you to pay up, you clearly didn't because you felt "cheated". Well yes that can be you first had to pay the <i>whole sum</i> and then you can fight it out in court.
Again you must pay the 582 lev.

I thought my bill was being paid by the e-billing I register for. There was no notification at all at any time that they wanted money and I've e-mailed them and asked , no reply. I would have payed everything the moment I was billed also I was out of country for one year. when I came back in sept 2017  i payed 758.00 leva for bill penalty and interest at post office. xxx told my lawyer it had not gone to trial yet and if I paid 780.00 it would be all over, they lied. I have never  delt with a company with this type of customer  service. PS I should have checked they have a customer service phone # I'm stupid.

Recently I signed up for web account and can now see my xxx account and I now have internet banking with DSK. So I can now keep an eye on things. Do you know if I can appeal the court case. There was no notification . I would have know nothing if I hadn't returned to no power. They like ripping foreigners in Smolyan.

They installed my meter outside my house on the street without asking me and charged me 250 leva. they just do what they want. also my case was passed on to a balif june 6 for collection . fro june 6 to Sept 18 it rose from 325 leva to 515. Then I contacted them to transfer money and ask if I could apeal and got now answer and try to tranfer  Oct.1 and they told me it's now 582 leva what the heck is going on?????

They notified me of nothing. I would still know nothing if I hadnt come back sept 2017. They told me if I cut my power I would still have to pay & leva a month for access fee. maybe solar is answer. I here the Eunion gives rebates do you know about this?

I paid my bill in full sept 2017 , they reconnected my power and said all is good they didn't mention anything about a court case. I luckily just found out about it when I registered for online  account viewing in sept. 2018. The court bill has doubled since june 6, 2018(it was handed over to balif on this date) While I was there sept to dec. 2017 I went to DSK bank and talked to manager, he told me I had done everything correctly but xxx never billed them (bank). I went to find girl at xxx office in Smolyan that did the online bill payment registration for me. She'd been fired. I'm sure she had a good laugh tossing my application in the trash!! I even took the hard copy copy of my registration to xxx, they photo copied it and said deal with it online. The online people have never admitted they have the copy proving I register for online bill payment in 2016. xxx has no integrity!

they DID give me a copy and I took it back to them and they photo copied it and said deal with the problem oneline. no one in smolyan office speaks any english. my lawyer was translating for me.

i have the copy and can get a statement from DSK bank manager who remembers everything. can I appeal?

The 325.00 leva in court costs was handed over to the balif for collection june 6 2018 it has now doubled and  was over 600 leva. I will pay this through transfer a.s.a.p. The real questions  are what is the statue of limitations and should I throw good money after bad. I've been told as a foreigner against a company like xxx I have no chance. I guess I'll have to accept this is Bulgaria.

Ya your right a generator is a necessity.  What I'm surprised about is that they could go ahead with a court case without notifying the defendant, Seems completely mad. In Canada it's impossible you have to make serious efforts to notify. So is it possible for me to sue someone and not tell them about it?

Ya what's the deal on speeding tickets.My lawyer told me if they don't collect with 3 years that there void. I got a ticket in the mail 3 years ago in the mail and I haven't heard anything about it.

my car is in my company name and a friend said the just add it to your car tax bill. Do you know what happens?

They have a weird thing here that if you have a fine due for certain things, they have five years to collect it and then it is forgiven. (Makes sense to me- why would you even bother paying fines?) Different fines have a one year or three year limit, too.

They are starting to get around it by sending fines off to a new collection agency right before the limit, to extend the life of it.

But yeah, it is really strange.

5 years OK. How do they collect?  xxx sent my bill to a balif who threatened to power of sale sell my house. Can they do this over a 325 leva judgement. Also there charging me 4 leva day interest till it's paid and they want me to pay them (xxx) not the balif or court. Are they ripping me off? Also what do these collection agencies do? repo your car?

I sent xxx an email on Monday asking why my bill had gone up 70 leva in 2 weeks no answer. I checked mt online account it's now 791.00 leva. I emailed them back asking why but they only answer emails they want to what should I do, there obviously takin the piss. I'm raging.

Well that makes  things interesting. I got a lawyer in September 2017 and we both went to the office in smolyan. They told her the case was coming up in a month and if I paid the 700+ leva bill at the post office ( they don't take cash at the xx office)  my power would be connected and the case would be dropped so I payed and thought it was finished. I signed up  for xxxx internet account in may 2018 , and there was no bill at all. I had signed up for Electronic bill paying from my bank account (for the second time) in 2017 AFTER I payed that 700 leva bill. This time I watched my bank account and  my xxx account to see it was being payed , everything was fine. It's funny I told them( in august 2018) I just wanted to give them my credit card details and they could take the 515 leva from there. They said no it had to be transferred to CITI bank. I asked for a detailed bill  , they would not  reply and told me NOT to call customer service as they couldn't help me. I've asked if there was someone I could call to discuss this. no reply. Suddenly on sept 2018 a bill for 515.00 was on my xxx internet account. I contacted the and the sent me all the billlshit about a court case you've read in my previous posts. Then I was about to transfer the 515 leva on Oct. 1 2018 and it was raised to 585 leva on my account. I sent an email on monday demanding an explanation  why it had gone up 70 leva in 2 weeks. No reply. Today I checked my xxx account and it's now 791 leva. there threatening to power of sale my house for the debt if I don;t pay immediately. This DOES sound like a scam, no bills no one to call, won't answer any incriminating questions, what should I do? Also when I went to the xxx office with my lawyer( in sept. 2017} they told me they had called me and there was no answer, I told them my phone had been stolen and gave them my realestate agents phone # ( he's a friend) and to call him in future if there any problems. He has gotten no calls.

Please be aware, naming the company in question after so many accusations could be regarded as defamation, something that isn't allowed on this forum.

All such posts have to be removed or edited but editing takes a long time for the busy team members so your whole post might well simply be removed. That's a lot of typing for nothing.

If you've taken them to court and won, that's different.

I pay my taxes every year and to date there has been no problems. Another poster said the fines are void after 5 years .I've heard this from other people. What do you think?

Hi Fred
            I understand your situation. The previous poster did say that this scam has been reported in the media and is them fair game for discussion in this forum and we have not accused anybody yet, my cousin is a lawyer and says my posts are not defamatory. I'm just relaying the facts of the case to my fellow expats. These facts are true and need to be investigated. I'd like to know if other x-pats have similar situations . Once again I am not accusing anyone just exploring the facts,  Sean O"Heany

free2go wrote:

Replying to fred:

I think is cute what you wrote but if he goes to court and win I hope he goes somewhere else and *** about the company and this site as well..

The problem is simple.

This forum can be held responsible (at least by lawyers) for things said by members and does get threats of legal action because of those posts.
Happened before and will happen again, hence removing the name of the company.

Once it's been to court and the case won, the company is fair game.

Hello everyone,

Please note that if you have a problem with x company, complaining about it on the website here won't help. You should contact the company or seek advice from your lawyer. We have had several issues with these kinds of postings (defamatory content or potentially defamatory content will not be allowed on the forum).

Most of the time, charges are not pressed against the posters themselves but against us who hosted their comments.

So, please refrain from posting company's name on the forum, you may create a group through the private messaging system if you wish.

Regards,
Bhavna

Ya sorry about that , I know your in a tough position in a country like Bulgaria. I won't mention the company name again and I'll be careful not to accuse anyone. I'll just explore FACTS.

Hi free2go,
                  I understand the moderators position. If my situation can happen in Bulgaria, the forum getting railroad for letting us speak about it is certainly possible. I'm coming the conclusion foreigners are fair game in Bulgaria everyone including companys are able to get away with stealing from us and when we make a fuss the tell us to shut up or else....... I wish I had not come here and I'm making arrangements to get out . Romania's way cooler people actually smile at you there and they speak English.

Free2go,
              Did your friend contact the company with my details . This would verify that the actual company was aware of what is going on. Right now there not repying to my simple questions, their just sending email that their investigating. The longer this goes on the more scammy it looks.

Free2go,
              Due you have the contact information for a good lawyer in Smolyan? If I feel confident about what the lawyer tells me I'll fly back to Bulgaria and drop the cash necessary to go hard at this company. If I do this it'll be an all or nothing situation cost won't matter, Suing them back for all costs ,int,etc is what I would like as well as getting it to the papers.