Student life in the USA

Hello,

Studying in a foreign country is an exciting prospect, but at times students do not have enough information to make an informed decision. We invite you to share your own experiences about studying abroad in the USA.

What are the advantages of studying in the USA? What are the disadvantages?

Are there proper housing options for students, or do most students have to find their own accommodation?

Are living costs for students in the USA expensive? What is an average budget for a student per month, including rent, groceries, and social activities?

Is it easy to form a social circle in the USA? What are some of the preferred social activities?

Are there international student societies or community engagement programs for international students?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello Priscilla!

I am Azad and I am glad you to ask me about my experience of where i live it now.

Starting Advantages-Living abroad or studying in a foreign country can be great fun and it broadens your perspective on life, there are new friends to make, new experiences to have, plus you'll always have lots of stories to tell to the folks back home. You may have better study opportunities abroad than you do at home. You may be able to do a course that you couldn't do in your home country, or be able to study at a college or university that specializes in your chosen area of study.

Disadvantages- You may experience language problems if you are studying in a place where they speak a different language to your native one. Learning a new language can be tougher than you think, especially if you need to understand it thoroughly enough to complete an educational course that is conducted in it (plus it can make the process of gaining new friends and social networking more difficult).
You may find yourself feeling alone and without any of the social and emotional support from relatives and old friends that you might normally take for granted back in your home country. Making and developing friendships takes time and it can be more difficult in a culture that you are not used to. That's all about Advantages and Disadvantages, and living cost is based on what state or city you going in. Some States are cheap some are much expensive and some are middle class. Are you interested to come here as study abroad?