Work Pass and Salary

Hi All,

Please help me. My employer said that i was rejected by Mom three times already. I asked him if he can just cancel my application and I would like to look for another employer but he doesn't like to.  What he did was asked me to go to Singapore and he said my pass will be release Sept 1. Unfortunately it has been two weeks and still rejected.  He even let me work at his company to be adapted to the environment uknowingly that it is illegal.  When he found out that the pass is again rejected he asked me to better go back to my country and wait for it there.  He did not even want to pay for what I have worked for for one week. What's worst is he wanted me to pay half of my return ticket. I wanted to report him to MoM or to the embassy but Im afraid I will be black listed. I will be back to my country in a few days but it is still hazy ro me if I would really be getting my pass. May i ask for an advice on what to do to him? Thank you.

You have done multiple offences so as the employer. If you report to MoM then I'm very much sure the employer will be heavily fined and may be banned to operate in SG. Same time, you will be affected that ICA may ban you to come here.

If your application was rejected three times already, then better look out a job elsewhere as MoM may not approve your case in future unless there is strong skill changed in your resume which will give a positive message at MoM to reconsider your case.

Secondly, once your application is rejected and followed by appeal then employer can't appeal again without a valid and strong reason. You are free to pursue your work career with other prospect employers. The first employer can't do anything against you. Good luck

As I said, the employer doesnt like to cancel his application. He said that the pass is already on its way by the time im already in Singapore and i believed him. I don't have any choice but to go not knowing its not yet there. I wanted to apply to another company. Can i do that even though my appeal is on going?

You said in your earlier message that appeal has been rejected (3 times), then what do you think (or the employer thinks) MoM doesn't have any other work that they will allow to entertain the employer? It's very obvious that the employer is telling lie.
What does it mean “pass is already on its way”? You can check yourself what's the status of your application showing in MoM website online, if it's showing “rejected”, then forget about this application, you can look for another employer.

It looks to me, the employer is a crook, if you will report to MoM how they are misusing the system, possibly they will be banned and close their shop here.

To answer your question, yes, very much you can do that, try your luck with another employer. Good luck

@surya2k thank you for your reply.  Just another question, won't i be having a bad record with MOM if i report this company to them? I'm afraid I might get black listed to other emoloyers in Singapore if i report them but yes I really wanted to do that because of all the things they did to me and jeopardising my employment in Singapore.

Didn't I tell you in my very first message, what could be the consequence you may face including deport back to your home country!

Working illegally is a serious offence and caught without work visa, you will be banned to come and work here.

For every job you accept, the employer can apply and appeal exactly ONCE each. There is no possibility for three applications!
You should check MoM's EPOnline system to see your current status. If it says "rejected" (or nothing is shown), you are free to pursue other jobs. If an ongoing application is still shown, you can contact MoM and ask them to cancel it before looking for other jobs.
Contrary to Surya's opinion above, I think you can and you should report this employer to MoM - submit all the written conversation you had with them, including their request to work without permit, but OMIT the part that shows you followed their request! (MoM won't know the truth and the employer will not tell them either, because it would get them into even deeper shit.) If MoM asks, tell them you travelled to Singapore hoping your pass is ready, but you did not work.
(You are lucky you did not get paid for the illegal work, otherwise it would have been obvious that you did work!)
And in future, only travel to Singapore once EPOnline says "approved" and you have received the IPA letter!

Thank you Beppi. I will be going back to my country in a few days as I wouldnt want to wait here any longer without doing anything. But I am considering talking to MOM regarding my work pass and this company. I still would want to work here in SG but i dont want to have any record. I kept all our convos unfortunately he( the company) just phoned in to me about coming here and to wait for my pass here.  But there are convos about where I will stay, my salary and also schedules of my work assignment and its place. Will it be a good proof for MOM? I heard that he really victimized filipinos to come here and do such thing. And i dont want him getting a victim again. As i keep on asking beppi wont i have a bad record with Mom if in case i would want to find a decent job here as I like the way of living.

@beppi im worried orher companies here in singapore would not want to get me here for work because of my rejection record.

If your application is rejected that doesn't means it will not be approved through other employer. So, it's wrong perception. You can search a genuine employer, then if MoM evaluate your application successfully, you can come and work here.

In my first message, I said you can tell to MoM (as it's good that the crook employer should caught and get punished for their wrong doings). But, same time, MoM will see the record with help of ICA that you were here during that exchange of mails or other communications with the employer where they MIGHT have mentioned to come here and work. So, after then it won't be that difficult for MoM to find out truth from the employer and you that whether you were working here or not.

In Singapore, I will never suggest to declare anything false in your declaration or statement to MoM that you were not working, cause false declaration would lead to severe offence. If you were not caught through their investigation then consider you are very lucky.

So, if you want tell MoM then it's good and employer should be punished but don't falsely said that you were not working here. Even if you don't say anything about your work, MoM is going to ask you and the employer both through their further verification of this matter that whether you came here and worked illegally or not. So, no where I can see you can avoid. Good luck

Wont i be having a negative impression with Mom or my other application if I wanted to apply?

They might see that I seek Mom and they will not get me.

Can you clarify what kind of negative impression are you talking here?

Like other employers will not get me because i complaint a company or I cannot come back in Singapore again for work because Mom will see that I complaint a company and will give me a hard time issueing a pass. Because i really want to give this guy a lesson for what he did.

If you tell the truth including you worked here illegally, then 99.99% chances are there you will be banned to work here at least for several years.

So, it's not a case whether employer can have negative impression or not, because you can't work here, once you are banned.

But, there is a possibility that MoM may give you lighter fine because you spoke against wrong doings of an employer. So, we can't say exactly what could be the possible scenario/outcome after you spoke to MoM.

If you have decided to talk to MoM against that crook employer, it's certainly a bold and positive step. Good luck

Future employers cannot see your application/rejection history and whether you complained about an errant employer, unless you tell them.