10 Singapore job sites for expats to search for their jobs

The SOP for job-searching in Singapore consists of many hours hunched in front of a computer screen, which is pretty ironic, since your future job is likely to consist of exactly that… except that you'll be getting paid for it.

The trouble with job hunting online is that you can all too easily get sidetracked into an abyss of YouTube videos and Instagram stories when you're supposed to be applying for jobs.

To stay focused, below are the list of top 10 job search websites and apps, which can helpful for the expats to search the jobs in their respective job fields:

JobsDB

JobsDB is one of Singapore's most well-known job search websites (if not THE best-known one), and it has an enormous database of jobs across all industries. All sorts of companies list jobs here, from big banks to startups to SMEs.

You can search for jobs by using job titles or keywords, but our favourite feature is the ability to specify the area where the office is located, which is very useful to avoid those jobs that will have you waking up at 5am and spending hours on public transport.

JobStreet, Singapore

Along with JobsDB, JobStreet is the other of the “Big Two” job search websites in Singapore. Like its biggest competitor, this website has thousands and thousands of jobs across all industries and all company types.

There is a handy “Minimum Salary” filter that lets you exclude those jobs that expect you to live on peanuts.

STJobs

Remember the good old days when people still read the Straits Times (and kopi cost only 10 cents and Punggol was still farmland)? Back then, job hunting entailed poring through the Straits Times Classifieds section and calling up prospective employers.

These days, the Straits Times Classifieds job section lives on in STJobs, a job search website is owned by Singapore Press Holdings. They've got a fairly decent number of postings across a wide range of industries, with the majority tending to come from SMEs. Lots of contract jobs too.

foundit, Singapore

foundit is a favorite platform among job recruitment agencies looking for candidates. They also have a job search app for job hunting on the go.

In addition to browsing job ads, you can create a resume and post it online so someone will hopefully contact you with a job offer. If you're on the market for a new job, it definitely doesn't hurt to leave a copy of your resume here.

Jobs Bank (job postings for local Singaporeans but many jobs posted there can be opened up for foreigners if the employer's didn't find locals with the required skill sets)

Jobs Bank is a website run by the government, which means it might not be for extremely paranoid types who fear Big Brother's watchful eye. (Jobs Bank links to another government site called MyCareersFuture.sg, which we assume is the same thing.)

On the bright side, employers who post job ads on the site are usually looking to hire Singaporeans, which does help you avoid those companies who, ahem, are looking for nationalities willing to accept a lower salary.

You can also filter listings for “jobs with government support“, meaning the employer gets some kind of incentive (e.g. wage subsidy) from the government. This means you might have a better chance of getting the job, even if you're inexperienced.

JobsCentral

Yet another popular job search website with positions across a wide range of industries. Like the previous sites before, Jobs Central is a general job search website.

On their front page they've got a list of the bigger companies who've posted job ads, so if you're looking for an MNC to work for you can make a beeline for this.

There's also a special section for fresh grad jobs to make it easier to find a job that will accept your lack of work/life experience.

LinkedIn Jobs

LinkedIn isn't just a networking site anymore. More and more employers and recruiters now source for candidates on the site, as well as post vacancies. If you're looking to work for a hip tech startup or media company, there's a high chance you'll find their job ads on LinkedIn Jobs.

What's also nice about LinkedIn Jobs is that you can expand your search to include countries you don't mind working in, rather than have to open a new tab and go to another country's job search platform. In addition, LinkedIn has a job search app.

StartUpJobs

So you've decided to screw those heartless corporate giants and G2000 suits and work for a start-up where you can go to work in flip flops? Then you're more likely to find your dream job on StartUpJobs than JobsDB.

The job categories are a little more fine grained than the usual “Accounting” and “F&B”-type categories. Here, you can look specifically for a career in UX/UI, front end development, data analysis, and so on.

Rather ironically, though, StartUpJobs doesn't have a job search app.

FastJobs

If you're just looking for a temp or part-time position where you can make some quick cash rather than build a career, FastJobs is the job portal you should be using. Students looking for a job as a Subway sandwich artist or a holiday gig as a temp admin assistant will find those positions, as well as many others, on the site.

FastJobs also has a job search app of the same name, which is awfully handy for lining up the next temp gig while you're still working at your current one.

Cultjobs

Do you catch yourself looking disdainfully at the Raffles Place office drones rushing to work and then promise yourself you'll never accept a job that stifles your creativity?

Then you might find a suitable job on Cultjobs, where you'll find creative industry jobs in the art, film, fashion, architecture, animation and more.

Some of the wackier job listings we found here include “Apprentice Leathercrafter”, “Finance & Administrative Hero”, and “Cryptocurrency Social Media Intern”, but there are also regular-sounding jobs in tech, marketing, advertising and media.

Hi Sir, please am a Ghanaian living in Ghana and a graduate from University of Ghana. I have lots of teaching experience and currently I teach IELTS, GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL AND CBT.. I wish to know any Job Agency that hires people who are into tuition. I can visit Singapore for 30days visa free but I need a company to hire me before I move. Thanks

Johnken: You must realize that, with English being Singapore's main language (and only language of school education), there is no market for TOEFL courses or similar. In fact many Singaporeans go abroad to GIVE such classes!
There might be a market for tuition on English literature as part of the regular school curriculum. Such classes are usually given by cram schools, who engage freelance teachers.
Since there is no work visa available for freelance work, you'd need to persuade such a cram school to employ you full-time - which won't be easy.

Hey my name bouaicha lafdil living in Morocco I have differently certificates but am Bachelor in science and technician specialized in Management company and am searching at job there in Singapore and this is the second time in post my cv

Bouaicha: You have come to the right forum!
Please search existing threads, read and follow the good advice available there about how to look for and apply for jobs in Singapore. There's also information available about the types of work visa and what the requirements and procedures are to get one.
If you then still have specific questions that were not already discussed, you may come back and post them here.
Good luck!

Thank you now I think am understanding something

Hi john am in the same boat with u. I am also a Ghanaian. Intact I taught English in china for 5 years . Am back home and wants to relocate to Singapore. That's my contact let's connect and see. ***

Stutijohri: You sre by far not alone in looking for a job in Singapore. It won't be “starting ummediately”, as a job search and visa application process is likely to take several months - on top of the fact that currently everything is on hold because of the pandemic.
It is not clear from your post whether you are currently in Singapore and why you gave up your job of Aug.2020 (were you fired?).
Anyway, this forum contains lots of good advice for job seekers, so read and follow as much of it as possible!
There is no need to share your CV with us.

Agreed with Beppi. The options are many but the situation is not conducive as MoM is very much strict to hire foreigners who are not in Singapore. But nevertheless, there is nothing wrong to try as you never know when you will get a positive response from the employer. It is very much depending on your niche skills and its present demand in Singapore market. Good luck

There are few more job portals you may try to login and register your data with updated resume in efinancial careers, consultants such MichaelPage, Randstad, Kerry consulting, Hays etc.

Anyone any experience where employer have pass quota, has applied but no update at all from MOM since 4 weeks.

Not only during pandemic but also in past, we have witnessed that work pass approval sometimes stretches beyond 4 weeks. So, it's a wise decision to reach out your employer and request them to check the status with MoM.

We have seen after checking with MoM, the response is faster than previous times.

Ok employer said anytime last week should get the outcome but nothing means 21-27 Dec . Wonder what happens ? No documents nothing asked s

How your employer could say that? Did they reach out MoM? If they have got response from MoM then you need to wait. No point your employer to reach out MoM every week or after few days as MoM responds quickly to any questions in 2 to 3 days time and can follow their suggestions. This period of time, the respond is slow as many workforce are on leave. So, can wait next week or else first week of Jan'21.

Kindly communicate all questions in the forum so that others would get benefits. We don't encourage sending PM to us. Thanks

Thank you very much !

Yes employer called MOM after 3 weeks , was told that should hear back this week  (until 27 Dec I mean ) but then we never got any response .. kept waiting.

Tulshibar: Please read this and other threads on this forum for lots of advice on job search in Singapore!

I'm a laboratory technician with experience in the mining and metals industry from Ghana. I'm planning to move to Singapore for a job opportunity. Thank you

nyadis wrote:

I'm a laboratory technician with experience in the mining and metals industry from Ghana. I'm planning to move to Singapore for a job opportunity. Thank you

Congratulations for finding a job opportunity - that is not easy nowadays!

Thanks! These are very helpful! Wish me luck! :)

Thanks for sharing, That's a good list but you missed one more important job portal eFinancialCareers which is one the best portal for Financial and Financial Technologies jobs where you can find high and medim level jobs with top Banks and Financial firms.

What's your status now. This issue started in Pandemic as MOM wants to ensure that locals are getting fair chance to get a job and if those skills are not available then only it should go to expats, so MOM checks the quota, track record of company like whats the ratio of locals and foreigners working in company. MOM may scrutinize the application if they find this is not fair deal. Many new work visa or work visa transfer got rejected or taking longer time like 3 months. So this will be norm now for next 2-3 years and may be more who knows.

Another option that can be considered is the new jobs portal by Achieve Group. Not sure they launched it in 2020 or 2021.

Well, as far as I know, Achieve Group is a local established executive search agency that has been around for a few decades. Their website seems to also offer manpower staffing services for corporates and SMEs, not sure they are focusing on B2B (corporate or HR personnel) or B2C (job seekers) or both  :/

Hi Swati,
got any update? For me 1 potential employer let me wait for2+ Months. Then I changed to another potential employer and now MOM has triggered background verification for me. Again waiting for last 1 month. This wait game from MOM is really frustrating. :(