Hello, All.  Im a new member (a few minutes old) and I am extremely excited to be among you all.  I am finally taking time to get the answers I need to decide when is best, where is best to move abroad with my 2 darling little girls.  My bio explains about me.

Hello Ecanonn3,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

For a good start, i would advise you to have a look at the Expat guide in China section, you might find some basic information that you are looking for.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Well welcome.

China has been very good to me. But, then again I chose to stick it out and adapt.

The harsh truth is that most Americans leave between three and six months. The culture shock is too severe.

I would suggest full immersions and don't look back. This will not be like moving to France, Italy or Australia. China is different. The language is different. The culture is different. The people are different.

I think that if you don't want too much of a culture shock that you stick to Westernized cities like Shanghai, or Hong Kong.

When you arrive...

1.  Please make friends.
2. Accept the Chinese way of life as superior. Tell all your new Chinese friends that.
3. When asked out to eat or have fun...do it.
4. Adopt Chinese culture.

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.OkceXvqJFT2m2Fk1xeSTogHaE7&pid=Api
You will be fine. Your children will be able to do so without too much trouble, you are the person that I worry about. That being said, best of luck. I do really wish you the best.

I've got a lot of links about China on my blog. You can access it by clicking on my picture and going to my China blog.