Good day everybody.

Hello everybody. 

My name is Peter from England, United Kingdom.  My main reason for joining this site is for advice on applying for US immigration from the UK.

I am considering applying for a US Green Card under the Employment criteria aspect only of the application process.  It would be 3rd Choice Employment from form I-485. 

Do i need a US employer who is will taking to employ me first, then go through the process of an employer employing an Alien worker through the petition aspect form I-140, or do i wait until and if my employment application I-485 is approved first, then apply for positions after that?

I would appreciate any advice if anybody has gone through a similar process?

Thanks.

Peter.

Welcome to the forum

Whilst waiting for other replies please take the time to read through other threads here for information.

Also check out the 'Discover' section at the top of this page.

Your best bet is to contact an immigration lawyer or at least go to the official government website so that you get factual information, not second-hand experiences.  Immigration is a very complex subject and best left to the experts. What's true for one person may not be true for another.  Any advice you get, unless it's from an immigration lawyer, may be totally useless in your case.

Welcome to the forum :idontagree: