Taxi fares

What is an approximate taxi fare for the center CDO to the airport. Does 1,500 seem reasonable?

Vagabondone wrote:

What is an approximate taxi fare for the center CDO to the airport. Does 1,500 seem reasonable?

I pay 500-600 pesos for a 1 way taxi ride from the older SM mall upper Carman in CDO  to the airport. They also have nice van   shuttle service  at different malls  that will take you for like 200 pesos. 1,500 is way to much!

Vagabondone wrote:

That's why too much. But might depend where in CDO. From pasay to the airport you can get some taxis to even use meter and the cost is not more than 200 pesos. But 250-500 will be a good price, depending on the time of the day and route to get to the airport.

Thanks guys. I am being told by the GF that the airport is far far away in another city. She is flying out from Laguindingan Airport. Not that it is a huge issue. But as a "rich American" I am always on guard for the plots to separate me from my money. She told me she would have to pay 1,500. She also said she would have to pay 1,500 for a taxi to go from one terminal to another in Manila. Which I thought was odd. After doing more checking, as I thought, they have a free shuttle , like every other airport in the world.