Varanasi - Bodhgaya...need advice

Hi all, i have plan visit varanasi and also bodhgaya this november,
i need advice mybe the other city or place that interesting to visit near varanasi - bodhgaya and also the weather there ... :)

I try to posting in kolkata forum but not get any response...so im wait everyone that have any experience travel between varanasi and bodhgaya (recomended place to stay, food, train etc) ...

thank you

HI..
NOVEMBER WOULD BE GOOD FOR VARANASI BUT DONT THINK OF TRAVELLING THERE TILL SEPTEMBER, WEATHER WOULD BE BAD..
NYWAYS YOU CAN TRY MANALI NEXT  MONTH., JUST CAME BK FROM THERE.. WEATHER IS AWESOME & WAY TO ROHTANG PASS WOULD ALSO GET CLEARED FROM NEXT MONTH ONWARDS..
C YA..

hi
november -varanasi will be nice-Sarnath is  just 15 kms  from varanasi Itis  the place where the Buddha preached his first sermon-please make it before 5 pm
Bodhgaya  -travelling on road sometimes is  not too safe  -
you might  be disappointed  in gaya  because there may not be too good eateries    or  hotels.
NEVER TRAVEL ALONE

there r many unrecognized area's in our north region where the vibrations r awsome  and u ll thank god to born for this day
mail me i ll take u der

thank you all...

one more, i just check train schedule, and all express train to kolkata - varanasi, varanasi - gaya , gaya - kolkata in the middle of night...

are train station is save in the night, all train time around 11.00 - 00 . 00 ...?

i hear a lot of warning in bodhgaya, can you tell me more what happen there?

thank you

hey,
firstly,how are you? probably you're lil bit scared about india. Anyways,see my blog keanutiewary.blogspot.com ,there is an article on Varanasi.It will help you.Best of luck for your journey!;)

Hey Thecinnamonjourney

It's best not to reach any train station in the middle of the night. Yes it can be unsafe and you might face some other problems as well. Bodhgaya inspite of being a pilgrimage center is not very cosmopolitan and that's  the reason you heard warnings about that place. I don't know what site you checked but maybe you should check the official Indian railways website and see whether you can find any trains that reach during the day.

http://www.indianrail.gov.in/dont_Know_ … _Code.html

You can enter the names of train stations and find out all information like a list of trains between those two stations, the total fare, route and availability of seats.

I hope this helps.
Feel free to ask if you have any more questions/doubts.
Hope you have a safe and pleasant journey! :)
Cheers!
Vikas

Thank you Vikas, im ready have the own id on railaway site ...hope they accept credit card from outside.

The problem is, express train rajdhani.. run in the night so i dont have another choice :(