Resignation during fixed term contract - Jubail Saudi

Dear ALL,

I have signed the contract of employment with the company in September 2015 for two years which completed in September 2017.  After that no new contract signed by me. However, the HR of my company is telling me that the contract is automatically renewed for 2 more years until September 2019.

Company is asking to pay the salary until September 2019 to provide exit. I want to go on exit as my family condition is not good & my wife delivered a baby on 11th May 2018 & nobody else to take care of her. I have given Two-month notice period, but my Company is not accepting.

Even if I am in contract period I have the right to resign from the job by giving notice period of Two-Month.  They are holding me against my will.

I have my own visa which I have transferred from another company in September 2015. My current company did not pay for my visa. My basic salary was 11,000 SAR in 2015 in previous company, but they released me because they had no project.

During the interview with owner of my current company he offered me 9000 SAR basic salary. However, before one day of joining the HR called me & said that we can give only 7000 SAR basic salary & will give 2000 SAR overtime each month. As I had no choice at that time I joined the company.

However, after joining the company I have received no overtime. I have asked for transfer on multiple occasion, but they refused to give transfer also. They threatened me that if I ask for transfer they will exit me.

Now as I have child in India I want to go to India to take care of my family, but now they are not even giving me exit.

The company is harassing me mentally & physically. I want to go on exit as I have served Two-month notice period. They are pressuring me to work against my will.

They have given me Chemical Technician visa even though I am a Chemical Engineer. They make me work in all departments like project, procurement, finance, civil, mechanical etc. However, they are not providing me salary as per the job I am doing.

The company is exploiting me from last 3 years finally I just want to go on exit as soon as possible. However, they are not giving me that also.

Appreciate if anybody can help me here to get exit.

That is disgusting. I'm so sorry about your situation. I really hope you get to leave and be with your family again. I am moving to Saudi in August for a job as a teacher and reading horror stories like this make me second guess everything.

I'm not sure of protocol in Saudi yet, but I'm sure your case is strong enough to sue them? Can you take them to court?

Dear,

I can go to labour court. But what I understand from reading a lot of blogs that It take months to resolve the issue in Labour Courts & court generally favour Saudis over Expat.

However as I am already in bad book of employer after putting resignation & asking for exit. They will try to make it as difficult as possible for me to take exit & even if I take my resignation back, they will remove me the first chance they get when I am not prepared.

I am really stuck here & dont know what to do.