Black ban

My name is Ron from Australia. I have been trying to get a visa to come back to Vietnam. And have been told I am black banned because I was given a fraudulent visa by a travel agent. Has anyone else had the same experience. And any idea how to fix the problem. I have contacted the Aussie embassies and no help. I can't find out how long the black ban lasts. The Vietnam embassy in Australia won't help me either. Any suggestions

Another country?

Generally, visa issues are handled by Vietnam's many visa agents, or a lawyer. Finding a good one is not always easy, but once you do, they can normally sort out most anything with the right amount of money.

Getting off the blacklist won't be cheap tough.

By the way, there's a similar thread here that may provide you with further insights:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=735107

Unfortunately it will cost money to get the ban lifted. Should it have been done in the first place, NO. This is Viet Nam, and those who commit  these illegal acts walk free and continuing operating, whilst you the client are left with the problem.

I was bl because of wrong visa (business vs tourist) i was fined 1000 usd. And band for 1 year. After 1 year i apply for visa and it was approved. I have received many vn visa since then.

Thanks Dan. I was fined ,$300 but my visa stamp was a forgery. I have applied 10 times now in 2 years and keep getting told no can't get. It has been 2 years and 1 month.

Do you have a vietnam embassy close to where you live ? If so you might have already spoke to them. Maybe a lawyer is needed to argue your case or at least find out how long the ban is.

I suggest you get straight to Vietnamese Bureau of Immigration, which is in charge of issuing, withholding visas and other concerns of immigration, for your business. Please note that the Bureau is a part of Ministry of Public Security while the VN's Embassy belongs to Ministry of Foreign Affairs so they are of very little help. On the other hand, you can ask Aussie Embassy in Hanoi or Consulate General in HCMC for your assistance. As diplomatic service, they would be efficient in solving such a problem I think. Good luck!  :)