Permesso di soggiorno receipt

Hello.

My PDS is expire and my appointment for fingerprint this May and my flight is on April. Can I leave Italy temporarily going back to my home country(Philippines) even though I havent done the fingerptint? But I have my Post Office receipt.

Thank You.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/767/32463804664_07cc7a9174_z.jpg

They said, that in the Philppines they dont allow the PDS receipt to go back in Italy unless you have done the fingerprint first. In my case I havent done the fingerprint yet. Is there any changes in the law in Italy? Or should I go to questura to ask them if i can go back in Italy? Its bugging me everyday and I have already a book ticket.

Help. :(

Firstly,  the questura has no say over a decision made by an airport officer in the Philippines not to let you board a plane.
Secondly, as your PdS is expired you do not have a valid paper to enter Italy (a receipt is not sufficient).
Janin

Or should I go to questura to ask if they can give me a permit or something? So that I can give to the airport officer of the Philippines that my PDS receipt is valid to return in Italy. Actually I have residence here in Italy and I also work here. I've already search about the requirements to exit and re-enter in Italy.

"Foreigners awaiting renewal of their residence permits can leave and re-enter Italy if they hold:

the receipt issued by Italian Post offices (Poste Italiane S.p.A) certifying the submission of the application for renewal of their residence permit or EC residence permit for long-term residents;the expired residence permit;their passport or other equivalent travel document ."

Your post office receipt is what it is: a receipt (that you handed in something).
However, it is not a travel document.

Ice8899 wrote:

Or should I go to questura to ask if they can give me a permit or something?

There is nothing wrong with asking. ;)
Janin

Well, you're correct. :) there is nothing wrong about asking them. :) Thank you for your replies. :)

Hi Ice8899,

I have the same dilemma as you. I'm returning in the Philippines this July with just Poste Italiane receipt on my hand because renewing my permesso di soggiorno will take a lot of time.

I would like to know if you were allowed by the immigration to return to Italy without problems or did you encounter difficulties with regards to Poste Italiane receipt?

Will be glad to tour response. Thank you.

Me too. I have been reading the circular that we the Poste receipt is sufficient enough as long as we have the expired PDS and our passport.  But I have a friend who told me that she has a friend that was offloaded by the airlines in the Philippines. They had already passed through immigration and was just waiting for their boarding when the airline paged their name and pulled them out of the flight.

Hi icecoldivy,

May I know what airlines?
Thank you.

Hi there,
did you find any solution for your problem? I am in a similar situation.

Thanks,
Amir

You can travel with receipt if you have direct flight to italy( i meant there should be no connecting flight in Europe. Immigration should happen in italy). Else you have to apply for re entry visa. I travelled 2 times with just receipt from india.

Hope you will get through it.

@Nithin vasundra
hi may i asked can i take the direct airline to travel to a non-schengen country too or i can only travel back to my home country with such materials?
@Nithin vasundra
Hi, I would like to ask if how long did you stay in India before gping back to Italy. Thank you
@Ice8899
Hi. I would like to ask if you successfuly return to Italy? And how long have you stayed in the Philippines before going back?

@Nithin vasundra Have you done your fingerprints or not while travelling as i also want to travel to india with ricevuta slip but i havent done my fingerprints yet

https://www.poliziadistato.it/articolo/ … emporarily

Read this, it has a very detailed answer. In short, yes, you can travel on receipt.

@Janingal

but if you've done the fingerprints, is possible to go back to italy with expired PSD and recivuta alone ?