As a permission di soggiorno holder can i travel to Iceland? ?

Hello good day every one in the room.  I am permission di soggiorno holder in italy. I was granted protection subsidiary.   I have a friend from Iceland. he want me to travel to his country Iceland to work with his friend. Please can this document grant me access to work there, if the three months grace given to stay has been expire.
Please i need serious advise thanks everyone.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The permesso di soggiorno is an Italian Government residence permit, nothing else.  Iceland is part of the Schengen agreement, so you can travel to Iceland as a tourist and stay for up to 3 months, but you may not work while there.

As a Nigerian citizen, you will need to apply for a residence/work permit to work in Iceland; this link will take you to the Icelandic Government website that deals with this.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello, I have permesso di soggiorno in Italy, and I am a citizen of Kyrgyzstan. The question is, can I travel to Iceland as a tourist with a residence permit?

@Aliia Sulaimankulova Yes , you will be able to travel ,  as iceland is a member country of the schengen zone . Also , Italy is a schengen member , hence the italian permesso is valid for travel to iceland . Check this link for more info : https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/

Hello, I have a permesso di soggiorno in Italy, I am currently staying in Ireland with a valid work permit. Is it possible for me to travel to Iceland with my soggiorno, from Ireland?

Many thanks!

Hello, I have a permesso di soggiorno in Italy, I am currently staying in Ireland with a valid work permit. Is it possible for me to travel to Iceland with my soggiorno, from Ireland?
Many thanks!

-@soumyajoshy52

Why do you have an Italian residence permit if you stay and work in Ireland??