Can I purchase the contraceptive patch in UAE?

Hello all,

I will be getting a 6 month supply of the contraceptive patch before I leave the UK
But I was wondering if this type of contraception is available in UAE?

Thank you

I tried to find it but its illegal here,

It is but not in all pharmacies. Keep in mind that big pharmacies will not sell it to you without a doctor's prescription which you can't be given to you if you are not married. Middle East, you know:)

It is but not in all pharmacies. Keep in mind that big pharmacies will not sell it to you without a doctor's prescription which can't be given to you if you are not married. Middle East, you know:)

Not sure where all this information is coming from.  What is illegal is emergency contraception i.e. morning after pills and so on.  Standard contraception is not.

Contraception used to be available over the counter in Dubai without any need for a prescription; although in AD you needed to have a prescription.  They have recently tried to change the rule to make it prescription only in Dubai but implementation is not full blown yet.  However, you can get a prescription irrespective of marital status - you just need to go to an international hospital which caters to expats as opposed to a local / government hospital. Patches are also available but since they are not used that much here, it is difficult to find them except in the bigger pharmacies.  Most pharmacies also deliver to your home e.g. Marina pharmacy etc.

You can also order online on desertcart and they have Silvia.  The other one that is generally available in the market is called Evra and is by Janssen-Cilag.