Obtaining Passport for a Baby with Syrian Father

hi,

Im a filipina working and living in kuwait who is married to a Syrian guy..We met and got married here in kuwait back in 2015 and just recently we had a baby. My husband is trying to register our marriage in syria to process a syrian passport for our child but he is not having a good luck to do so..

Is it true that syrian men are prohibited to marry asian nationality as advised to him from someone he know? Because if that is the case Haram for my baby to not be able to carry his dads nationality and name..what will happen also is our marriage will not be valid in his country

timmy1012 wrote:

hi,
My husband is trying to register our marriage in syria to process a syrian passport for our child but he is not having a good luck to do so..

Syrian citizenship can be passed onto a child who's father is Syrian, regardless of if they are married to the mother at the time of birth or not

Is it true that syrian men are prohibited to marry asian nationality as advised to him from someone he know?

No, complete nonsense. The only nationality with which a Syrian cannot legally enter a union with is the Israeli nationality - that is because he would be considered a traitor and this would cause other issues for him as interactions with citizens of enemy states carry a punishment of their own. If you have no relationship with Israel, you will have no problems

Because if that is the case Haram for my baby to not be able to carry his dads nationality and name..what will happen also is our marriage will not be valid in his country

Nothing will happen to you for you having a child with a Syrian and not being married to him. At worst, the child will get a residency permit/visitors visa to Syria and will be allowed into the country. If your marriage is not register-able, you will be able to come as a tourist. Things are easy to fix with bribes in Syria and the law is not always interpreted as it is written.

I have a same situation. We are trying to process now registering our marriage certificate to syrian embassy so we could get syrian passport for our 2 babies and for me inshallah if its possible.