Can i work in Vienna without knowing German?

Im moving to Vienna soon, i live in London currently and my German is very limited. I work as a bookkeeper. I was wondering if it would be possible to find a job in Vienna with my profession, or if not, are there good alternatives for an English speaking person, any other jobs i could find? Also, how hard is it to find a part time job? Overall, how will employment look like for me?

Welcome to the Forum Rebeka :)

Sorry I had totally forgotten about your PM.

OK, I don't wish to put you off Vienna because it's been named the city with the highest quality of life in the world for the eighth time in a row. But with the lack of German, it is very hard to find employment not impossible though. Working as a bookkeeper you would need to know the German language as you would be communicating with Austrians and all paperwork would be in German I would imagine.

I guess you could go self-employed?  But you would have to do some research if there would be a market for you to do so. You can contact the Expat Center in Vienna and see what they have to say, its a government organization and all their services are free of charge. They help with startups as well, and all speak perfect English.

This PDF file will give you information on the city if you are not familiar with it Vienna Guide.

Austria has a Jobcentre just like the UK this LINK will take to their website, some of the site is in English but the search section is in German. I recommend that you use Google Chrome as that translates into English.

As for part-time work, you can try the Irish pubs in the city.

If you have any more questions, please come back and ask away.

I hope the information I have given you is some help to you.