Best district to stay for a week-long vacation

I've started searching for some information about the topic, but to be sure I need some insight from those who live in Hanoi or knows Hanoi reasonably well.

Considering be visiting Hanoi in the end of March. Need to stay in place close to:
1) nightlife - clubs, pubs, etc.,
2) some large shopping malls (European style - with restaurants, cinemas - not just street markets).

Best if withing walking distance.

Tay Ho pops up in my search, but I'm afraid to make a mistake.

Please, help with suggestions.

One week of vacation and you cannot be without "clubs, pubs, large European style shopping malls with restaurants and cinemas within walking distance"?

Why bother travelling to another country?

I am asking a question, kid, I'm not looking for advice on how to spend my time during vacation.

ssanin82 wrote:

I am asking a question, kid, I'm not looking for advice on how to spend my time during vacation.

You're definitely new if you're calling me kid.   :lol:

And I'm not giving you advice either;  I'm simply expressing my observations on your inability to unshackle yourselves from your familiar environments and comfort zones while travelling, especially when the travel is for only one short week.

I am new here, yes. And I'm calling you kid because you're occupying unrelated topic with useless advice (calling it "expressing observation"). I don't care about your biological age. Now if you can't answer, please leave. My plans for what to do during my leave is my own business only.